Chapter 87 - Hey Sunday Towers, Southbank

A/N - my little man is asleep and resting now so time to update 💖

Jason Stevens is played by blonde Zac Efron. I acknowledge that Zac plays two people in this book, but one is young Zac and one is much older.

Templeton -

...
Templeton -

'Ashleigh'

I look up from my laptop as my manager stands in my cubicle.

'Yes?' I ask, removing my headset and turning around.

'We need to have a word. In the HR office' Annie says, glaring at me.

I put my headset on the table and lock my computer as I stand up, and walk out.

'Bring your bag and personal items with you, Miss Templeton. We won't be coming back here' Annie says.

I sigh as I go back and shove everything I own into my backpack.

We walk up several flights, looking for the corporate offices as we suddenly come to a big door labeled, HUMAN RESOURCES, PEOPLE AND CULTURE.

'Go inside and sit down. Karen will be with you shortly' she says, opening the door.

I roll my eyes. Of course it's going to be a Karen.

Annie disappears into another area as I sit, bored. The clock on the wall continues to tick loudly, encouraging my migraine.

I stand up as I pull it down, removing its batteries.

'What are you doing?'

I look up, to see a middle aged woman with long brunette hair entering the office.

'The clock was ticking' I say.

'It's meant to do that. It's a clock' she says, glaring at me.

I shrug as I throw the clock in the small desk bin on the floor as the woman walks in, putting her bag down. She picks up the clock, sanitises it, and puts the batteries back in.

'Jeez, do someone a favour' I say, rolling my eyes.

'So I take it you're the infamous Miss Templeton so many people have told me about?' She asks, blinking quickly.

'Yes' I say.

'Okay. Well, I can't get this meeting started without Annie Laurimer around, so we'll just wait for her. Feel free to have some water, by the way' the woman says, gesturing to a water filter positioned by the window.

I lift my drink bottle up.

'Or don't' she says, annoyed as she raises her eyebrows and opens up her laptop.

'Are you Karen?' I ask.

Karen looks up, nodding.

'My name is Karen Murdoch, I'm the HR representative here. You should know that from your training' Karen says, as Annie runs in, bringing one of my lecturer's who's responsible for our placement at the La Trobe.