Chapter 86 - Epworth Hospital, Richmond

Adeline -

'Working hard, or hardly working?' Zac Fisher asks, as he places my coffee down on my desk. I smile.

'Thank you' I say.

'No worries. Aye, just a heads up - your boss is downstairs in a shit mood' Zac says, before disappearing.

I sigh and roll my eyes as I prepare to hear about whatever's pissed Stephen off this time.

'Plowman!' Stephen yells, as he barges into the office and shoves the door open. I jump.

'It's Curnow now' I say, correcting him as I look up. He gives me an angry look.

'I asked you two days ago to compile as much information as possible on that list of this year's draftees I taped to your desk. Why has this task not been fulfilled?' He asks

'I'm running out of time. I still have to go to all the board meetings and take down the minutes and agendas, and I need to pick Brigan and Bailey up, and-'

'You had two whole days!' Stephen exclaims.

'I know. I'm sorry' I say pathetically. Damn, why'd I have to get involved in revenge of the Gatorade bottle with Dow and Polson yesterday?

'I want that task completed by close of business today' Stephen orders, as he leaves the room.

Where do I even begin?

Looking around and shutting the door, I quickly grab my phone as I call the one and only.

'Hello?' She asks through a mouthful of food.

'Donuts, or cookies?' I ask

'Gnocchi actually' she says.

'Are you busy today?' I ask, as I check through my emails.

'I have to be somewhere at 6, otherwise I'm free' she says.

'Could I please ask you to stalk some of your boyfriend's teammates for me?' I ask. I hear her sit up.

'If it involves stalking I'm already there' she says.

'You need to gather as much information as possible on this year's bulldog draftees for me. I just don't have time' I say, checking my watch. Shit, I was meant to be at the Punt Rd Oval by now.

'Why?' Ashleigh asks.

'Because my boss can't be bothered doing it himself' I say, shrugging even though she can't see me.

'Yay' Ashleigh says excitedly. Glad she approves of the job without negotiating a pay rate.

...

Templeton -

I run into the Western Bulldogs' Football Club as I look all around for Lewis Young.

'Hey Templeton' Josh Dunkley says, as he walks up to me, having a drink of water.

'Hey Dunkley. So, how's the chick you got pregnant at the nightclub?' I randomly ask, knowing it'll get rid of him

Josh suddenly chokes on his water as he breaks out into a coughing fit, choking.

'Woah, Dunka. You right?' Billy Gowers asks, as he walks up and slaps Josh's back.

'You...stay away from me!' Josh gasps at Billy, when he finally regains his breath. He suddenly runs off down the hall, childishly.

'He really doesn't like you' I say.

'It's not me, he's been warned a few times for loitering in the corridors I think' Billy says.