173 - The New Case

A/N - again, no offence or humiliation is directed at the daicos family and it's members. remember fp is not an actual account of people's lives and should be read as fiction.
enjoy!
jordanah

...

Ashleigh -

'Josh, shut up, I can't hear you. Are you drunk?' I ask, as I uncomfortably lean from foot to foot.

'I'm not drunk. Just ready to kick my little brother's ass. He's really done it this time' Josh Daicos says. I sigh as I roll my eyes, while Jason Stevens enters the court.

'What's Nick done now?' I ask tiredly, and also quietly as Devon's lawyer stands next to me on his iPhone. Must be nice to be free from Devon's clutches. None of us realised they were under the tunnels too, in the floods. Slyla Blanche has taken time off work to deal with the situation. In her place? Hamish Dougherty had to come back, and the court case has temporarily been relocated to the County Court while the rebuilding and repairing of the Supreme one takes place.

'You don't want to know, believe me' Josh says, over it. I grimace as I see Zaine walking in, as Shannon Brooks behind him accidentally slips and falls on water the guards spilled.

'SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY!' One suddenly shouts, as he raises the security alarm. Zaine almost has a heart attack.

'What the hell is that noise? Where are you? It sounds like the end of the world' Josh says, sighing.

'Just someone setting off security's alarm at the court. Where are you? Aren't you all meant to be here, supporting your brother?' I ask.

'We're banned as it's a process involving the dogs. A spokesperson and law team from the club is working on our behalf. And Nick doesn't care anyway' he says, as Delilah Krasinski runs up and taps me on the shoulder.

'Oh my god, you're still alive. I'm so happy and was so worried when you and a few others didn't answer my texts' she says.

'What texts?' I ask, nervously, as Jayden walks up to his new wife, wearing a suit and tie and having finally had a haircut.

'I sent them you to. Meet me at the Hanger in Tullamarine? I'm DRS. Delilah Rayne Sayers. Who did you think it was? Don't you remember the mission we had with Taylor and crew? Man, it was hard doing it without you and your attitude. You would've fucked the Gladstone Park schoolboys off in two seconds, Zaine literally had to chase them for ages' she explains.

'Oh my god, OF COURSE you're DRS! I don't know what's happening to my brain. Yeah, that makes sense. I was always AST, you DRS, Taylor TD, Ruby RC, and Zaine Lil Yemen. How could I forget?' I ask, suddenly feeling a lot more awake. Josh probably thinks I'm talking to some gangsta right now.

'And Jayden is now JJS, because he's joined us too. Julietta dropped out though, we aren't sure why. Apparently she's planning to fly back to Israel or the UK or something, she's had enough here' Delilah explains.

'I keep telling you Dilah, don't listen to Daniel. My middle name still isn't Justin' Jayden says.

'But I like Justin Bieber, so it's cute' Delilah says, smirking as she pinches his cheek. Sigh.

'Josh, are you still there?' I ask, desperate for a distraction.

'Yeah, I don't have anything better to do. I'm being stood down from the playing group soon, I've been warned. We're not playing this season anyway, but they still have to lay the consequences on you. Expect it to be big news, by the way' he says, sounding depressed.

'Wait, what? Why are you being stood down? Is it to do with what Nick did in Brunswick?' I ask.

'Somehow I've come out of that accident completely unscathed because the club haven't mentioned it. No, it's to do with Adeline. I was around her drugs without permission, and she came back to the house, and now my brother - honestly Ashleigh, I really don't know what I'm doing. It's all...it's all falling apart. I feel as if my family and I are pieces being moved around on a monopoly board. We're playing death. Instead of the go to jail card, you die. My brother essentially cheated death and somehow survived, twice. Who's next? It never stops' Josh explains.