Chapter 35 - Visitation Room, Psychiatric Hospital, Geelong.

Adeline Isobel Plowman -

A pregnant woman in her third trimester shouldn't be subjected to a psychiatric hospital.

Running as best as I can, I sprint down the corridor, looking for my room, before remembering that Kat is in there having another one of her meltdowns.

Looking over my shoulder, I see the psycho chasing me with a weapon he stole from one of the nurses.

I suddenly crash into a wall, landing awkwardly on my hip, unable to get up fast enough.

I soon have a knife running through my lifeless hair and down my neck. Paralysed with fear, I press myself up against the wall, unable to do anything with an eight month twin baby bump in the way.

The guy suddenly plunges the knife into my collarbone, and I get up, running into the first room I see.

Pressing myself up against the door (since I can't lock it from the inside), I glance around the room to find I've put myself in a padded cell. I'm bleeding, and I'm terrified. I just want to go home. I've seen things in this place that will never leave me.

Shaking, I cry myself to sleep, that is until a nurse wakes me up.

"Plowman? Why did you put yourself in here?" She asks. I shrug.

"Did you cut yourself?" She asks, looking at my bloody shoulder.

"No, one of the other patients did. I ran in here, because I was scared" I say, letting her help me up. I sway unsteadily, this bump is so heavy.

"Well, I can assure you that no patients are roaming the hospital with weapons, Adeline" the nurse says.

"So then...how do you explain this?" I ask, pointing towards my wound.

"Come on, back to your room" the nurse says, pushing me down the halls. It doesn't feel like nurse and patient. It feels more like inmate and correctional officer.

Seeing the idiot who stabbed me up ahead, I suddenly freeze to the spot, too scared to move. He's hidden a knife somewhere, and I've been a victim of one of his attacks.

"Plowman! Keep walking!" The nurse orders, but I can't. Sinking down, I sit in the foetal position as I try to hide my face with my hair and hood. It doesn't work well at all.

I scream as the nurse suddenly reveals the sedation needle, and pricks my hip with it. Praying that thing is pregnancy safe, I grasp onto every bit of life I can, before my brain shuts off and I collapse face first to the floor.

...
Charlie -

"Charlie, do you have to play this racket?" Mum asks, as she glares at the radio, trying to park the car.

"What's wrong with it?" I ask.

"Well, for one thing - it's rap" she says.

"Oh, that's right, sorry" I say, switching the radio off as mum turns the ignition off.

"You ready to see her?" Mum asks after a moment of silence.

"That's the thing - I'm not going to" I say, looking up at her.

"What do you mean? Charlie, I swear to god, if you bail on me-"

"I'm not going to bail on you, the only thing I want to do in the world right now is to hug Adeline and to never let her go, but the reception will never let me in" I say.

"Well, you'll never know until you try" Mum says. I glare at her.

"I've been coming here every single day for a month. Zaine and Jayden have attended with me. They won't let us see her" I say.