Chapter 61 - Monopoly & Oreos, Bellbrae

A/N - my friend pointed out last week that Ashleigh's character reminds her of Sharpay Evans and the song Fabulous. What has now been seen, cannot be unseen.

Adeline -

...
Adeline -

'Fun plane ride' Ed Richards says, as he stands in the aisle and leans on Ashleigh's seat.

'Oh my god, I feel so sick' Ashleigh says in an unwell voice, as she leans her head back.

'Here, let's see if this helps' Ed says, as he adjusts the air things on the roof.

'Better?' He asks.

'I'm sorry, did you do something?' Ashleigh asks. Ed sighs.

'I love you too' he says.

'I'm so worried about all the trouble he's gonna be in when we get back to Geelong. What if you're right Ash, and he goes to jail?' I ask. Ed shakes his head.

'I had a school mate who drove under the influence of drugs and alcohol, that smashed into a KFC. He didn't go to jail' Ed says.

'I mean that's relieving, but what was his consequence?' I ask, still worried.

'He got a tombstone and grave, as well as a plot in the Boroondara General Cemetery' Ed says casually.

Ashleigh looks over as she removes her sunglasses.

'He died?' I ask.

'Well, yeah Adeline. He smashed into a KFC. I think his gas tank combusted, or something. The whole joint went up in flames. What did you expect?' Ed asks incredulously, looking at me like I'm not normal.

'And here I was thinking you were gonna convince me that Charlie would only get a fine and a few community service orders' I say. Ed smiles.

'Nah, I don't know what would have happened if say Jake had survived. He wanted to be a Vic Uni student. Could he have attended there online in jail?' Ed asks.

'Of course he's a Jake, and of course he wanted to be a Vic Uni student' Ashleigh says, sitting up and getting angry.

'Here we go' I say.

'I mean, clearly the guy's first issue was wanting to go to that place. It's lucky he died, or he wouldn't have had a good life. Who in their right mind would voluntarily select the Vic Uni as their number one preference over the Melbourne Uni, or La Trobe, or the RMIT, or or or-'

'I can see the steam coming out of your ears, babe' Ed says, laughing.

'She's always had a lifelong hatred of the Vic Uni' I say.

'Yeah, well she'd want to be keeping her mouth shut about them' Ed says.

'No way Richards. I need to educate people' Ashleigh says.