163 - Daicos V Stone-East

• Nick Daicos as himself •

...

Ashleigh -

'DAICOS!'

Nick jumps as he hears his name screamed in the distance. Freezing up, his eyes turn that horrible, terrified cold again. It's like all the life completely drains out of them. I've been witness to it all day. It's probably a new day again now. I don't know, it would be nice if I could look down at the watch on my wrist.

'DAICOS! WHERE ARE YOU?' The yelling continues. I exchange a worried look with Nick. I hope this isn't the call of death, where they take him and execute him. One of Port's players, Orazio Fantasia was locked up in this room before we were. He was taken away and never seen again. I watched as Ruby crossed his name off, another person on the list to have the red strikethrough. I never want to see that happen to Nick. Taylor and Adeline's names also have the red strikethrough. And most heartbreakingly, so does the name 'Deborah Roughead-Larson'. 4 years old, with an already desperate and devastated mother. I can't imagine how Annelise is going to feel when she finds out. Debbie and her other three children to retired AFL player Tom Boyd are her livelihood. Jordan also has another three children outside of their relationship, but I think they're safe and interstate with their mothers.

'He's with me!' Ruby yells, as she slouches back in her spinny office chair, feet up on her desk. She's reading a book at the moment. I think it's called More Than A Game. Ironically, it's also about a former Port Adelaide star. These people just love rubbing the salt in the wound deeper, and deeper.

She's got another book on her desk. I haven't been able to catch sight of the title, but I saw Jack Silvagni's photo on it earlier. The author's name is Olivia. If it's who I'm thinking of, then it's news to me completely that she released a memoir about her late husband, who also has the red strikethrough.

The door suddenly unlocks and opens as a man in a grey tee shirt and jeans enters. He's wearing a grey beanie, and honestly, looks like a teenager younger than Nick.

'Daicos, you've got some serious convincing to do' he says.

'MMMHMMMMFFPH!' Nick yells.

'For gods sake Canavan, was the duct tape necessary? I can't understand a word he's saying' the man says. Ruby rolls her eyes.

'That's entirely the point. I want to read in silence, and with the two of them talking about how they're going to die, it's a little difficult. Hang on, I'll fix him' she says, as she stands up and suddenly rips the tape off of his mouth with extreme force. His upper lip starts trickling blood. She's ripped his skin off.

'Ow!' Nick complains, as Ruby rolls her eyes and walks away.

'It's just a little bit of blood Daicos, it'll dry up. In the meantime, I need you to talk to someone. Paint a good picture for us. Remember, any hint that you're in here and you'll end up in the same place as your other brother. Hell' the man says, as he suddenly holds a phone to Nick's mouth.