141 - Day 3

OFFICIAL STATEMENT - PT ADL FOOTBALL CLIB:

Today, the Port Adelaide Football Club would like to make an official statement regarding a situation involving one of it's players.

As this matter is being handled by a Supreme Court in Melbourne we will not be commenting on what the player has been accused of.

The Port Adelaide Football Club will continue to support it's players. The player has not been removed from the club's football program and, at this stage, will not be receiving any financial cuts.

We will be making further comment later in the day. The Port Adelaide Football Club and AFL are now heavily involved in the investigation and with Victoria Police.

The staff member is currently under police guard at a hospital in Melbourne after harming himself.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT - WSTN BDG FOOTBALL CLUB -

The Western Bulldogs Football Club would officially like to announce that today, a decision has been made to remove a player from it's football program.

This player has been stood down effective immediately.

The club are communicating with Victoria Police regarding the matter.

As this matter has been taken to the courts we cannot make any further comment.

The player was found by Victoria Police to have allegedly kidnapped and locked 22 people in a large warehouse in Melbourne's North.

The player allegedly had a gun.

We, the club, will continue to closely watch the investigation and will make another statement once there is a positive outcome. The player is currently in police custody.

Other staff and ex staff members of the club were also found locked in the facility and are being supported by our club and their own workplaces.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT - CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB

The Carlton Football Club is very sad and heavy hearted to confirm the death of one of it's beloved staff members, Adeline Curnow.

Adeline worked in recruiting and was the assistant to the list manager Stephen Silvagni.

This matter is now before the Supreme Court, but the court and Victoria Police, as well as Adeline's older brother Lachlan Plowman, have given the club permission to disclose her cause of death.

Adeline Curnow was found dead in suspicious circumstances at a factory of some kind in Melbourne's North, where she had been falsely incarcerated for half a week.

It is still being investigated by Victoria Police, but they are confident that she was murdered by a gun.

Inside the factory was also Zac Fisher, who was taken from Royal Park and also falsely incarcerated in Melbourne's North.

Cameron Polson was one of the last people to see Adeline outside of the factory and is also helping police with their inquiries.

Adeline was married to Charlie Curnow and together they had three kids.

She assisted Stephen Silvagni and the club in recruiting all club players since 2016.

She was studying business and accounting at the Swinburne University in Hawthorn, and was said to have had a passion for the wellbeing of players, who she often referred to as her friends.

Adeline was aged 23 at the time of her death.

The club will be holding a small memorial at a location in Macedon, hosted by Adeline's mother Monica and her brother Lachie.