Chapter 103 - Nicholson St, Brunswick East

Adeline -

'The man's an absolute lunatic. I mean, what was wrong with his blonde hair? Did he really have to go and make himself look more like Zac? He's just asking for me to love him at this point'

I walk up the street with the one minute dead next minute alive Jayden Sayers through Princes Park as I head in towards work, Brigan toddling far ahead of us as usual, Bailey holding my hand and walking and CJ laying in her stroller, thankfully asleep.

'How do you even know that Jason changed his hair?' I ask tiredly.

'I don't know' Jayden lies, as we keep walking.

'You followed Ashleigh around the northern suburbs again didn't you?' I ask knowingly. He sighs loudly.

'She had a BABY with her, Adeline. I had to find out more' he says.

'And what did you find?' I ask.

'Jason has the exact same hair colour and style that the babe had in 2013 at the Lorax premier. It's very interesting because he has the same face as him as well. And eyes. And height' Jayden says.

'You need help, my friend' I say, as I approach the football club.

'Dada!' Brigan suddenly shouts, as she sees Charlie in the parking lot. I watch as she bolts towards him.

Jayden suddenly pulls his hood over his head and pushes his hair back as he looks down, trying to disguise himself.

'Well, I have a manager to report to, so I'd better get going. Also somehow I'll have to pry Brigan away from you know who' I say.

'Charlie?' Jayden asks, confused.

'You haven't heard yet have you?' I ask.

'Heard what? I heard Ashleigh came back and that Charlie was suspended' he says. I sigh.

'I'll tell you later, just...go and stalk Jason or something' I say, as Jayden says 'yes' and walks off happily.

I walk towards the entrance of the club as Bailey keeps distant from Charlie, wearily watching him. Charlie picks Brigan up and throws her into the air, catching her as she squeals with delight.

'And we are going this way' Lachie, my older brother says as he suddenly appears out of nowhere and pushes me away from Charlie and Brigan.

'What about my daughter?' I ask.

'It's her dad, not a serial killer' Lachie says, as he scans me in and walks towards me towards my office.

'I'm sorry Lachie. I shouldn't have come here today - it's just, I don't want people to think I'm broken over this' I say, as I unlock the office door and let myself in. Bailey toddles around aimlessly, unsure what to do in the big boring office.

'Morning' Stephen says, as he quickly looks up at me.

'Morning. Lachs, can you go and tell Zac I'm here? He'll want to bring me a coffee and gossip about whatever he's seen this morning' I say.

'What about my coffee?' Lachie asks.

'You can make one yourself' I say.

'Close the door Lachlan, it's cold' Stephen says emotionlessly. My brother groans as he leaves the office, complaining about how younger sisters are evil slave drivers or something.

...

I walk out into the foyer as soon as I'm sent on my tea break and look around as Bailey pulls on my hand, looking over at Charlie.