Chapter 77 - Fitzroy Gardens, East Melbourne

Adeline -

I sit on the chair in the lounge at Ashleigh's house as our makeup artist starts attacking my face with foundation. I sigh as I uncomfortably shift in the special makeup chair. I will never be a makeup person and nor will I feel comfortable getting it done.

'Bella, did we decide what style you're gonna have your hair? You missed the trial appointment due to some worthless chest infection. I'm not happy about that either, by the way' Ashleigh Templeton says, dictating as she stands around in her small white dressing gown, with MAID OF HONOUR written on the back.

'I was sick, I can't help it. We can't all have perfect health like you' Bella Rendell says back, as another makeup artist does her face. Ashleigh booked two, so my wedding look wouldn't clash too much with my bridesmaids.

'Did we pick your hairstyle, though?' Ashleigh asks again, looking at Bella expectedly. Bella puts her hands out in question and shakes her head. Ashleigh sighs loudly.

'Work with me here people!' She yells, as she storms out of the room. I sigh. I bet Bella, Grace, Eliza and Charlotte are just waiting for my wedding to finish so they no longer have to deal with Ashleigh. It turns out I didn't need to hire a wedding planner, Ashleigh has truly gone way out and done all of the work. I do have to give credit to Ed Richards though, who's been a wedding slave and has had to help out with carrying heavy decorations, and pews, and lights, and photo props. I also have to apologise to him, because when we were setting the cake up in display, an over eager brother of mine accidentally tripped Ed up, and guess who fell face first into our wedding cake? Guess who also had to go and pick up a replacement cake?

'Hey, did I tell you guys? I think I completely forgot in the madness of today. While Ashleigh's out of the room, I wanted to announce that I got a new job at Carlton. Adeline, we're going to be working together!' Grace announces excitedly. Eliza and Charlotte pitch in with a few 'congrats' and 'don't let maid of honourzilla hear that'

'What's your position?' I ask, as my makeup artist aggressively works on my face.

'Journalist' Grace says.

'Bella, you don't look very happy' Eliza suddenly says, as she takes a breather and has a drink. The second Ashleigh leaves the room, my bridesmaids ALWAYS become much more relaxed.

'Well, I just think now is kind of a bad time to make that announcement, Grace. You're kind of stealing Adeline's big day' Bella says quietly. Grace rolls her eyes in disbelief.

'Some people' she mumbles.

...

'How are we doing this again? I'm sorry, I missed Ashleigh's rehearsal, I really wasn't feeling well with my bronchitis' Bella says, as we stand away, hidden from everyone, who have now taken their seats. I'm assuming Charlie is already up the front with his brothers, my brother, and Zaine, who just can't stop pointing out the fact that he's only doing this for me.

'I go down first, then you three link arms and follow. Eliza, you're responsible for bringing Adeline's kids down as well' Ashleigh quietly explains, as she keeps her eye on the event. I'm so fucking nervous, I think I might pass out.

'Mum!' Eliza suddenly yells, as she runs after Cassie, who has the kids and is waiting to go take her seats.

'We ready everyone?' Ashleigh asks, as she looks at three of my bridesmaids, who nod. Bella nervously links arms with Grace, who does so with Charlotte.

'Zac!' Ashleigh whispers, as she nods over at Zac.

Zac Fisher runs over to the sound system as he tips off to whoever's DJing today to start playing the aisle music, and he does.