Chapter 25 - Kardinia International College, Bell Post Hill

Playlist Update -
16. High Hopes x Panic! At The Disco
17. Whatever It Takes x Imagine Dragons
18. Believer x Imagine Dragons
19. Getaway Car x Taylor Swift
20. Apologise x OneRepublic ft. Timbaland
21. No Tears Left To Cry x Ariana Grande
22. Promises I Can't Keep x Mike Shinoda
23. Revenge x P!nk
24. All I Ever Wanted x Kelly Clarkson
25. IDGAF x Dua Lipa
26. LOST IN THE ECHO x Linkin Park
27. Miss You x Louis Tomlinson
28. End Game x Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran and Future
29. One More Light x Linkin Park
30. Sober x Kelly Clarkson

...

Adeline Isobel Plowman -

Heaven. Hell. Purgatory.

I live in all three of these places.

To be fair though, I shouldn't call one of my only options purgatory, or limbo. It just seemed to fit in with the other two options. If Bellbrae is heaven, and Drysdale is hell, then how do I make Ocean Grove fit?

By smacking it in the middle and calling it limbo.

When I returned to Drysdale, I was surprised to see my room-cupboard situation had been turned around. I suddenly had shelves, proper bedding and any inhumane, chains had been removed. I wonder why they were trying to cover their abuse up. Who would ever come to see the falling apart dump in the middle of the Bellarine?

Andrea didn't lock me up again like we thought she would. It took a lot of convincing, and I mean a hell of a lot, to let Cassie and David send me home again. I mainly just wanted my old clothes, not that they'd ever fit me with a six month baby bump - twins - in the way, my iPhone, wallet and many other personal belongings I couldn't replace, such as the photo of my family.

Andrea acted violently when she saw me again, as predicted. She hit me, cornered me and threw a few punches, but my dad got between us and protected me. I think I was even more shocked then, than I was when I found out I was pregnant.

I was still allowed to leave Drysdale when I wanted to. Andrea had suddenly forgotten all about her court order. Tamara wouldn't even look or speak to me, she just sat at the kitchen table, head down on whatever she was writing. I didn't bother making conversation with her either. I didn't want to push the boundaries even further.

As often as I could, I'd stay with the Curnows. It was honestly the place where I felt most safe, but if I couldn't make it to Bellbrae on time before the last coach left, and I was too scared to stay in Drysdale, I'd go to Zaine's and stay there, even if he was at school. Sometimes I'd also stay in Reece's Marshall apartment.

I can't say living, or putting up with Charlie lately has been easy. It is all about football. How he plays, how he can improve, how he plays for the best local team and his school team - he's doing my head in. I like to think I'm not a very competitive person, even though at recess and lunch Ashleigh, Quinn, Quinn's older brother, my brother and I would race each other around the school oval for a free snack from the canteen.

Sighing, I sit in Reece's 4wd as we circle around the car park of my school. I no longer fit into my school uniform, so I've had to borrow one of Zaine's spare shirts for his. Quite clearly, my school aren't going to like me wearing a shirt with The Geelong College logo on it. If anything, they'll find it insulting.

"You can leave the car now" Reece says, after I decide that staying put is a pretty good idea.

"Thanks. Is that my eviction notice?" I ask sarcastically, looking at him through a spare pair of Charlie's many sunglasses.