Chapter 131 - Descent into Madness. Kew.

Adeline -

It's been an interesting turn of events so far.

I've literally been hiding in Josh's room on his bed all evening. He had to sneak dinner up to me, and make his 2 and 1 year old children solemnly promise that they won't tell Kyle I'm here.

Yeah, because kids that young will listen, Josh.

He's been staying downstairs for most of the night, which is really beginning to piss me off. I mean, he KNOWS I'm up here all alone, I-

'JOSH, I'M STEALING YOUR RUNNERS!' Kyle suddenly yells, as he pushes the bedroom door open.

As quickly as I can, I drop to the floor as I try to slide under the bed, coming face to face with a surplus amount of Nike shoeboxes. Sigh.

It takes a few more hours for Josh to come back upstairs when he decides to put a movie on for us to watch, his daughter also getting on the bed to watch with us because apparently she has separation anxiety.

My kids couldn't be any happier when I'm gone.

But then Emmie started crying about wanting to be with her brother and uncle downstairs...so Josh had to organise that.

'I'm sorry. I'm back. She's very indecisive but I think she should be good now' he says, as he comes back into the room and closes the door.

'It's okay' I say, hiding the fact that it's absolutely driving me mental.

If I bleed, you'll be the last to know.

Josh climbs back into the bed as we continue watching the stupid movie I'm not even remotely interested in. I lay my head against his chest as I bury myself under the covers. Haven't they ever heard of a heater in this house? Like dude...it's freezing.

Josh suddenly looks at me and the next thing I know we're kissing, making out on his bed...like a couple of angsty teenagers. I don't know this version of myself and to be honest with you, I don't like it. But whatever keeps the pain and losses away.

This is where Jamie Raegan Dunkley sleeps. I'm quite literally making out with her husband in her own bed.

I quickly grab the bottom of Josh's shirt as I pull it above his head and off his body in a matter of seconds. Feeling his abs, I continue kissing him as someone suddenly barges into the bedroom, very uninvited.

Kyle looks at us as his jaw drops and he covers his mouth, loudly squealing, his eyes the size of the moon.

'Jesus, you idiot! Knock!' Josh yells, breaking away from our hot moment as he gets off the bed and puts his shirt back on.

'You...you and...and Adeline....but Charlie and...Jamie?' Kyle stutters, as he looks from his older brother to I.

'Kyle, just leave the room and forget Adeline's even here' Josh says.

'YOU'RE CHEATING. ON YOUR WIFE. WITH HER! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU TWO? YOU HAVE MARRIAGES! WITH OTHER PEOPLE!' Kyle yells.

'Kyle, calm down. This has nothing to do with you and honestly, you shouldn't even be here' Josh says.

'I'M TELLING DAD. I'M TELLING MUM AND DAD. YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH THIS' Kyle yells, as he takes off, angrily leaving the room.

'Kyle, if you tell our parents about this, they're going to wonder why you're here and not staying in the dorm room they're paying thousands for' Josh says, manipulating his little brother, who stops and leaves in his tracks.

'I can live with that' Kyle says, as he runs down the stairs.

Josh sighs as he shuts the door and turns around to look at me. He goes to say something, as a weird sensation starts to take over the entire room.