Chapter 42 - Charlie In ICU, Geelong Hospital

A/N: Oh my god guys, I swear I'm still alive. I've been off Wattpad for about a month, but I honestly thought I'd be back by the first week of January. I've only been able to read a few chapters of one book on here, I don't think I've made any more progress, haha. I hurt my wrist during the Christmas week and two weeks or so I also dislocated my finger, and within the first ten days of the year, I found out I had another wisdom tooth coming through and overall life has been pretty eventful for once. I haven't forgotten about Charlie and Adeline, or another project I've been working on over on the side. Thank you all for sticking around and being patient, I promise I'll stop taking month long hiatuses and possibly stop injuring myself (seriously my chiropractor doesn't even understand how it's possible to have so many injuries) so thanks guys, enjoy this chapter and I'll see you soon. xx

...
Adeline Isobel Plowman -

Do you ever have those days when your life is constantly chaotic, and every day is back to back painful? You just wish to have ONE day of peace?

Yeah, me too.

This morning started off nicely. I've been in the hospital recovering for about a week now. I say recovering, but I'm convinced I'm getting worse. It feels like without my oxygen cannulas, I can't breathe. I'm absolutely exhausted and my chest feels like it has been caved in, due to a pneumonia strike right after I gave birth. I was unable to see Brigan and Bailey once that hit, but my results have come in and the infection has died, so today I'm able to look after them again.

Brigan is an angel. She feeds properly, she sleeps properly and she's had no infections or problems since coming into the world. Her brother, on the other hand, is a crier. No, scratch that, he's an absolute screamer, his high pitched cry going right through our heads. Cassie and David, the two extremely proud grandparents, think it's adorable. I'm his mother, and I can't stand to be near him most of the time due to that horrendous scream.

There's only supposed to be two visitors allowed in my room at a time, so I've mostly been visited by Charlie and Cassie. When Charlie's not in, Dave visits, or a new aunt/uncle will tag along, usually George, or most unfortunately for my sanity, Eliza.

Speaking of Charlie, he's been really good with the twins, you can really tell he's -

"CHARLIE'S BEEN RUSHED INTO THE EMERGENCY WARD! HE'S IN A COMA, AND THEY DON'T KNOW IF HE'S GOING TO MAKE IT!" Eliza suddenly screams, giving everybody a heart attack as she enters the room crying and quickly runs out again. Cassie passes my daughter back to me as she, Dave, and George (who had snuck in when a nurse wasn't around) rush out of the room and to wherever it is Charlie's suffering. Brigan suddenly starts crying, either sensing that something's wrong with her father, or the most likely reason, because she's a lot like her mother and can't stand the sound of Eliza's voice.

I feel tears rush down my face as I struggle to sit up, still in pain from the birthing complications. I hold onto my daughter as I grab the remote beside my bed and press for attention. Whatever has happened to Charlie, I need to see him. If Eliza's right and is being honest when she says he might not make it, that can't be an option. The twins need him. I need him.

Waiting for the nurse, I nearly have an anxiety attack. I don't know what to do. I can't walk, I'm still too weak and in pain. Obviously the others are going to be staying with Charlie now. Bailey is asleep in the crib next to my bed. I can't leave the twins unattended either. This whole situation? Fucked up. I have been feeding both twins every three hours for the past week, and I am very sleep deprived. My normal brain isn't here and I don't have the energy or state to be able to tolerate a pen dropping, let alone the thought of poor Charlie in the emergency room, due to whatever he's gotten himself into now.