175 - CW V ESS

Ashleigh -

'One more stop' Josh Daicos says, sighing as we walk around Docklands.

'One more stop, or rest stop? My arms are aching and my back feels like it's broken. Why'd you invite me anyway? You know I'm not able to get the prosthetic yet. Stupid skin grafts' Nick whines, as he struggles to keep up with us.

'You had to come, you were a witness to the incident that nearly got me sacked. And why are you still wearing work's polo shirt? You retired' Josh says, glancing back at his brother, who glares at him and shakes his head.

'Collingwood have a wheelchair team' Nick says. Josh sighs.

'You hate your wheelchair. Just last night you threatened to throw it onto the Chandler Highway in front of the traffic' Josh argues.

'Well yeah, who wants to be wheelchair bound?' Nick asks, as a journalist suddenly runs down the Etihad steps.

'Josh. I was hoping you'd be heading to AFL House and Channel 7 Studios today. Do you have a minute for a quick interview?' Tony Jones asks. Josh sighs as he passes me his paperwork.

'Yeah, sure. Ashleigh, can you look after him?' Josh asks quietly. Nick stubbornly sits on a bench, throwing his crutches down.

'Whatever' I say, feeling kind of annoyed for the teenager. Josh thanks me as he parts ways with us and walks up the steps with TJ.

'I'm not a child, I don't need babysitting' Nick says quietly. I sigh as I sit down next to him, moving his crutches out of the way.

'I know you don't. He's had a rough day trying to clear the Daily Mail incident, and the stab wounds from Adeline at the party' I say.

'What do you mean, a bad day? He's been treating me like this since I left the hospital. He knows I'm useless and makes a point of it whenever he can' Nick says, groaning as he tries to stretch his good leg out, which he now refers to as his bad leg from overuse and pain.

'You're not useless. I know it. Everyone knows it. You have different abilities to other people, not no abilities. Onwards and upwards from here' I say, as an Essendon fan suddenly walks past and spits at the teenager.

'Retard, did you leave your leg on the football field? Oh, were you trapped? The Daicos family aren't shit, you give them a bad name' he says, taking another sip of his beer as Nick suddenly gets up and pounces on him, tackling him down to the ground. Before I know it, I'm watching a full on street punch on break out.

'DID YOU GO THROUGH THE PAIN I DID? HAS YOUR LIFE BEEN COMPLETELY RUINED?!' Nick shouts loudly, as he punches the guy's face, laying on top of him. Essendon rolls him over, straddling him as he tries to strangle and hit him. Nick tries to fight him as best he can, but it's clear his exhaustion is getting the better of him. Essendon takes a swipe at his face, making his nose pour blood. I jump to my feet.

'Nick, let it go. You're going to get seriously hurt' I say, as Essendon tries to grab me. I stumble backwards.

'FUCKING SPASTIC! LEARN TO WALK!' He shouts at Nick, as he beats the poor kid senselessly. I grab my phone out of my pocket as I dial in triple zero. Essendon pins Nick's elbow behind his back as he knees on it, most likely with the intent on snapping it in half like his leg. I watch as he grabs his head and slams it against the concrete, as Nick finally gives up and closes his eyes.

Josh suddenly flies down the stairs as he runs over and pushes the Essendon supporter off his younger brother, and kicks him in the stomach, causing him to double over in pain. Nick continues laying there, life slipping out of him as his older brother tries to lift him up, Nick screaming in pain.