Chapter 56 - Everywhere

Playlist Update (2020 version lel)
♠️ Disconnected x 5 Seconds of Summer
♦️ Easier x 5 Seconds of Summer
♣️ If Walls Could Talk x 5 Seconds of Summer
♥️ Thin White Lies x 5 Seconds of Summer
♠️ Old Me x 5 Seconds of Summer
♦️Want You Back x 5 Seconds of Summer
♣️ Youngblood x 5 Seconds of Summer
♥️ Jet Black Heart x 5 Seconds of Summer
♠️ Broken Home x 5 Seconds of Summer
♦️ Monster Among Men x 5 Seconds of Summer
♣️ Who Do You Love x 5 Seconds of Summer/The Chainsmokers
♥️ The Space Between a Rock and a Hard Place x 5 Seconds of Summer

...

Adeline -

I gasp.

The panic ripples through my chest and body in fast, viscous and painful waves. They're still tearing me apart.

There was a fleeting moment when I lost him.

When we lost him.

I don't know how or why it happened. I didn't even know it was happening. It just happened.

And when she received the call, I was in the room with my son and daughter.

My friend, Ashleigh was sitting next to me. We'd been out shopping in Melbourne City that day.

She moved quickly. The panic and shakiness of her voice as she spoke on the phone has never left me.

It was the day her son committed a grand theft auto like event, drove illegally, nearly killed someone, drove erratically and endangered so many other lives, and even crashed through a fence on the back roads of Bellbrae.

And nothing has ever been the same since that day.

He's gone. We've lost him.

He's not dead, but I'm unsure where he is. He's been hiding for quite some time. He's left letters in the mailbox and used people around town to send messages to his brothers.

But the harsh reality is we don't know where he is. He's completely disappeared, ran away from home, and abandoned us. Abandoned the kids.

And his friends, Jayden and Zaine, they don't even know where he is. But I don't think they care anymore. Especially Zaine. He was nearly killed and imprisoned during the joyride. And Jayden had to exit a speeding vehicle. The whole ordeal was completely terrifying, and I wasn't even involved in it.

It's been a few weeks now. But piecing together the puzzle is no easier without him. Without Charlie. But running away was in his mind, a much better option than staying here at home, with his family and the people who love him. With the people he created.

I just don't know what to do without him. He's my world.

...

"Oh my god, this bag is so heavy. I don't even know how I'm going to carry it back to Sunbury when I eventually leave" Ashleigh Templeton says, as she sits down on a chair at the kitchen table, finally dropping her bags of Gucci clothing and Sephora makeup.

"What a shame, you totally needed to spend that much money today, while I only brought one thing  - a coffee" I joke, rolling my eyes as I sit next to her after I buckle Brigan up in her high chair and pass my son Bayley to his uncle, who rocks him up and down.