Chapter 96 - Find Dunkley, West Footscray

A/N - Rest In Peace to Sergio Silvagni, 83 years old, who died on the 15th of July, yesterday (the time I'm writing this.) Without Serge, future main character Jack Silvagni, and recurring character Stephen Silvagni and guest character Ben Silvagni wouldn't exist in Family Portrait and more importantly wouldn't exist in reality. Stephen is an embodiment of Carlton; no matter how poorly his son and grandsons were treated in the past few years by club leadership, we still have so much to thank him for 💙 #Silvagni1 forever 💙 1️⃣ Carlton will never be able to repay what Serge, Stephen, Jack and even Ben have done for us and given us. You could not get a more Carlton family; in saying that, they are Carlton.

Viewer discretion is advised as this chapter details graphic violence and gun use.

...

Adeline -

'Patrick, if you fill your mouth with anymore Gatorade it's going to come out of your nose' my manager says, giving him an annoyed look.

'I SO WANT TO SEE THAT' Zac Fisher exclaims loudly, as he continues recording Paddy Dow on his iPhone. I shake my head and sigh. I'm back to my full time working hours now: we all are, and Paddy has not changed his ways in the slightest.

'Adeline, why are you encouraging this?' Stephen asks me, as he gives me a disappointed look.

'Trust me, I'm not' I say, as I continue replying to emails on my laptop or forwarding them onto Stephen and other colleagues.

My childish husband suddenly does something to make Paddy laugh as he chokes and coughs, spluttering on the blue Powerade and making it go everywhere. Charlie laughs hysterically as Zac stands back, trying not to get it on him.

'Adeline, the Gucci Queen is out of hospital and here to see you'

I look over as Zaine Cordy enters my workplace, dressed in his bright red, white and royal blue uniform.

'No thanks, we don't want any' Patrick Cripps says, as he looks Zaine up and down uncomfortably.

'He's here for me' I say, as I close my laptop over and mindlessly pass it to Zac, who gives me and my manager a confused look.

I walk over to Zaine and give him an angry look as I pull him aside, back to the automatic doors. Patrick Cripps looks at me like I'm mad for touching him and talking to him.

'What do you mean she's out of hospital? She's seriously ill!' I exclaim in a low voice, as Jack Silvagni walks past, saying hey and making me high five him. Caleb Marchbank trudges along slowly behind, giving me the death glare. It's not hard to tell I'm not his favourite person.

'I know, but she kept arguing with her doctors and saying she's fine. She has to sit a paid interview and press conference at work later. I don't think it's going to go so well, Devon's mad and it's got everyone walking around on eggshells. But I can't talk her out of it' Zaine explains, as he puts his hands in his pockets and gives me a frustrated look.

'Where is she now?' I ask.

'In my car with her sister. She refuses to get out, thinking someone might come and grab her. She's aware of the shady places that are Carlton and Brunswick. But no, I can't get her out of the car and neither can Scarlett' Zaine says, sighing as Zac runs over.

'Here's a coffee for you, and Adeline, here's your laptop' he says, passing us both our belongings.

'I didn't order a coffee' Zaine says.

'And you could've given my laptop to Steve' I point out.

'EVERYBODY is so ungrateful these days! There's never any thank you Zac, I'll give you a tip Zac, by the way I could really do with some, guys, especially since I'm probably the biggest name in the AFL on the most mediocre wage' Zac says, rolling his eyes as he walks off.