Chapter 118 - Virgin Airlines, Queensland

Adeline -

'I'm sitting with you'

Ed Richards looks up at me in annoyance as he nods and moves his carry on bag off the seat next to him. I sit down in it, sighing as I look up at the back of the chair in front of me. Never knew a 2 hour flight could be so long.

'What's going on with them? It's worrying me' Ed says. I sigh and shrug.

'I don't know. Josh buys into the attention game I think. Then when I don't give it to her the way she likes, she loses it and he gets pissed' I explain. Not the real reason, I know.

'Adeline, they literally went into the lavatory together. And both somehow managed to fit' he says.

'They weren't in there long enough to do anything unfaithful, Ed. I don't know what's going on. Ashleigh's been more rambunctious than ever and not herself lately. I think it's the sun. We'll blame it on too much sun' I say, nodding, happy with my agreement.

'Remind me to never take her to an African, Middle Eastern or Mediterranean country for holidays then. She'll lose her damn mind with the heat' he says.

I sigh as I lean back again, thinking of how our holiday strangely ended and how this plane ride has been nothing but unbearable and strange because of both Ashleigh and Josh. That's a pairing I never thought I'd see come to life and I still hope I never do. I mean, Ed...

'Ashleigh, stop fighting me. We are leaving Queensland whether you like it or not, the guys have received official warnings and my brother and husband are going to kill me. Freyer's not coping well with the heat, and I have to get back to my kids. Stop fighting me over the stupid towel!' I yell, as we tug o war over the piece of white fabric, Ed sitting out on the balcony pretending it's not happening right behind him.

'I'm not going back to Melbourne!' She yells, as she continues attempting to pull the towel out of my hands.

'Yes you are, you've got a sister who's worried sick about you and Freyer now let's GO!' I yell, as I suddenly yank the towel out of her grip and hold it up high out of her reach, even though she's taller than me.

'But I can't wear bikinis 24/7 in Melbourne. That's not normal' she suddenly says, whimpering. I roll my eyes.

'I will throw this towel over the balcony right now if you keep it up' I threaten, just as Josh walks into the bedroom, looking at us in confusion.

'Josh, I need to talk to you about something important since Adeline is too arrogant to listen' Ashleigh suddenly says condescendingly, as she glares at me.

'Adsy is not arrogant, but go ahead, I'm all ears' Josh says, as he shuffles around with a few things and his suitcase.

'I want to tell you in private' she says, still looking at me like I'm a huge problem.

'Okay, so let's go into another room or outside' Josh suggests.

'Is it really a good idea to leave Adeline and Ed alone in a master bedroom together?' Ashleigh suddenly ask, as I fold my arms over my chest and roll my eyes while Ed raises his middle finger in the air.

'Come on, let's go' Josh says, also having enough as he leads her out of the bedroom. She throws me one last glare over her shoulder.

...

'I'm home!' I announce, as I walk into my house in Richmond, Victoria, waiting for the kids to pounce on me. Surprisingly no one comes up to meet me at all.

I put my suitcase down in the entrance as I walk around, taking my sunglasses off and putting my keys down. I find Charlie standing in the kitchen, looking not so happy.