Chapter 46 - Ferris Wheel, Geelong.

Charlotte -

"What are you doing?"

Charlie looks up at me like a dear caught in headlights as his eyes widen. He blinks a few times before shaking his head and going back to what he was doing.

"Uh uh, I don't think so. Show me what the fuck it is you're doing"

Charlie sighs and moves out of the way as he lets me inspect the situation, but I already knew what he was up to. I mean, it's night and he's snuck away to go inside the shed and do drugs. It's not rocket science.

"Why are you doing cocaine?" I ask.

"That's not cocaine" Charlie lies.

"It's in lines on the table and you had your nose to it" I say.

"Yes. But it's not coke" Charlie says.

"Then what is it?" I ask.

"Uh...sugar?" Charlie tries.

"You're a fucking idiot" I say, shaking my head.

Charlie giggles at me as he sits in the chair he's put out here and laughs.

"What. What's so funny?" I ask.

"You look different" he says, laughing.

"Look how fucking high you are" I say, shining my flashlight on him.

"I'm not high" Charlie says, continuing to laugh.

"Where the fuck did you get this stuff? Was it Jayden?" I ask.

"Don't you think if Jayden gave it to me we'd be doing it here together?" Charlie asks slowly, trying to piece together the words.

"Charles Curnow, I am not playing games when I say this. You have two fucking kids in there and you're out here doing drugs. You don't fucking deserve to be a father" I say.

"They're probably not even mine" Charlie says.

I slap his face as hard as possible, but I don't think he even feels it from the drugs. He is literally off his face.

"You're high and you have no idea what's even happening. Great. Well, if you want to get high, then you can stay high out here. You're not going back inside near those kids until you're sober" I say.

"Why? I won't do anything" Charlie says.

"Because I don't want you near those fucking innocent children while you're high. They don't need or deserve to see their father like this" I say, slamming the shed door shut as I walk back towards the house, tears running down my face.

My little brother is a fucking mess and we can only watch him fall apart.

...

Adeline Isobel Plowman -

"Good morning Zaine" I say as I open my eyes and see him laying on the floor of my room.

"Oh, hi" he says.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask.

"Shoot" He says.

"Why are you-"

"Because Charlie was up to something and Jayden was listening to some annoying song over and over. Ashleigh and Ed are sleeping in the lounge so I found a quiet spot" He says.

"I hate to break it to you but this isn't a quiet spot" I say, getting up and walking over to my son and daughter.

"Actually, it is" he says, sitting up.