Chapter 78 - Wedding Drama, East Melbourne

A/N - and of course, Ashleigh Templeton saved Adeline's back at her own wedding, just like how the real life Ashleigh Templeton (Matosevic) dolorous_ saved me from doing an assessment for uni a few months ago. Bad thing is, I still haven't completed that assessment and I've been marked with a DNS. Happy days, lazy ways.

...
Adeline -

I drag my brother to a more isolated area of the Fitzroy Gardens, my wedding venue, as I look at him incredulously.

'What the fuck is going on? I'm calling Ashleigh an ambulance' Lachie says, as he pulls his phone out of his pocket. I snatch it away.

'She was faking, you idiot!' I exclaim.

'But why?' Lachie asks.

'Because I couldn't get through the wedding once I saw her!' I yell. Lachie furrows his eyebrows together, confused.

'I'm so lost it isn't funny' he says, rolling his eyes.

'Monica!' I whisper loudly, as I look around to make sure no one heard me.

'Yeah, so mum came to your wedding. What's the problem?' Lachie asks slowly.

'Lachlan, did you not think to consult with me first? My kids are here!' I exclaim.

'She saw it on your Instagram and told me she couldn't miss your big day, and then started guilting me about it for days. She's sick, Adeline. I couldn't possibly have said no to her' Lachie says. I roll my eyes.

'She has missed over ten years of my life, I think she could afford to miss another big milestone!' I yell. Lachie folds his arms and studies me.

'Cam and Andrea aren't here. I don't actually understand what the problem is. What's wrong with both mum, and your kids being here?' Lachie asks.

'You just don't get it, do you?' I ask.

'Not at all' Lachie says back.

'I am so badly distracted knowing someone I haven't seen for over ten years is here. And even though you're alive and you're fine, everything Andrea drilled into my head about her still seems so possible. And all I ever remember in the end is her screaming at us, and threatening you, and deliberately smashing the car so dad would get really mad. I. Don't. Want. Her. Here' I say.

'You hadn't seen me for ten, eleven years. I'm here and that's no issue' Lachie says. I slap my face.

'You are so ignorant! She is ruining my wedding, Lachie!' I exclaim.

'I highly doubt she's actually said anything to anyone. Adeline, I seriously think you're just overreacting because of how big today is' Lachie says.

'Forget it, you're too biased and useless' I say, as I walk away from my brother, towards Lansdowne Street.

'Adeline, where are you going?' Lachie asks loudly.

I turn around from the middle of the street as I look at him.

'Your wedding?!' He asks incredulously.

I pick up the ends of my dress as I jaywalk and run across Lansdowne Street again, avoiding the hospital traffic, as I head back to my brother. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

...

Templeton -

'Here, sit down, I'll stay with you. Bella, go get Ashleigh some water' Grace Phillips says, as she sits me down on one of the chairs in the front row and gives me a concerned look.