Chapter 110 - Sociopath, Princes Park

Adeline -

'PADDY!' I shout, as I run after the young man, who sprints away, breaking into fits of giggles.

'YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THAT!' I yell, as I throw my bag on the ground and tackle him, pinning him down to the ground. He continues helplessly giggling.

Ashleigh Templeton looks around the street, checking her watch like she has somewhere else better to be.

'Did you deliberately hide behind Marc Murphy's car and wait for me, just to attack me with that Gatorade?' I ask. He shakes his head.

'It was Polson' he lies.

'Polson isn't even here right now' I say.

'Adeline' Ashleigh whines.

'You can wait like how you made me wait 40 minutes for you and Jason!' I exclaim. She goes bright red as she looks down at her feet in embarrassment.

'Paddy, if you attack me with Gatorade one more time I'm gonna report you' I threaten, as I sit up.

'What about Powerade?' He asks. I shake my head as I stand up. Great, now I'm going to be wearing blue sports drink in my hair and smelling like it for the next god knows how long.

I walk back to Ashleigh as I pick up my bag and head inside, Ashleigh trudging behind me slowly, annoyed that I walked in on her and her...friend, this morning when I stopped by Toorak and asked if she needed any help with Freyer.

'Of all the times you could've barged in Adeline, you picked the ONE time I was about to c-'

'What are you doing here?' I ask, cutting her off as I see Kyle Dunkley standing in the cafe, looking depressed.

'I don't know, I came to see you I guess. Oh...hi hottie' he says, his mood instantly picking up when he sees Ashleigh.

'I will pop your head like a zit if you don't buzz off' she says angrily. Hasn't been the best morning for her. And then to think, she made me wait to leave for another 40 minutes! I think she was trying to get pregnant to the man again.

'Which head?' Kyle asks, smirking.

'You're 16, stop hitting on me' Ashleigh says, shaking her head as she walks off towards Zac.

'She'll want me someday, Adeline' Kyle says, smiling as he looks back over his shoulder at her, and walks out of the club.

'What was the real reason he was here?' I ask my colleagues, as I approach their table.

Caleb Marchbank stands up and leaves as Cam Polson looks up at me, confused.

'Shouldn't you be working?' He asks in a quiet voice.

'I should be, but Stephen doesn't have the guts to fire me when I'm late and here we are' I say.

'No, Stephen's not here. He had an emergency and had to run out. He was expecting you to be here ages ago. Olivia's doing most of the work' Cam says.

'Why's Olivia doing the work?' I ask, suddenly feeling a little uneasy.

'He appointed her. He didn't have time to pick and choose and she was right there' he says.

'Tremendous' I say sarcastically, as I stalk off down the hall.

In the overused words of Olivia Silvagni, I have a problem.

...

'Like I said earlier, he doesn't want to be near me right now. I can't figure out why, like I get that this is a sensitive time for him and everything but I am his wife!'