Chapter 14 - Drysdale Primary School, Drysdale

That was a nice win on Saturday night! I published this book on Friday, so uh...you know...I'm gonna have to take a tiny share of the credit...

I'm gonna have to take a tiny share of the credit

Nahhh, well done boys 💘

...
Adeline Isobel -

Revelation.

The one word that can describe one million emotions in ten letters.

For example, the revelation of a footballer doing his knee, a loved one dying, a significant other cheating, or a pregnancy.

My revelations have never been good.

But this one has to be the worst.

"Goddam it Charlie!" I curse, as I throw my phone on the table, pissed off. It's been about three months. I still haven't heard back from Curnow or Cordy. So much for our friendship.

"Adeline, can you run to the shops for me?" Andrea shouts from the kitchen. I get out of my booth, take my phone and locate the irritation. Tamara is taking orders today, while I'm just sitting around doing nothing. The school holidays start tomorrow. Maybe then I'll hear back from the idiots.

"What do you need?" I ask Andrea, while quickly texting Ashleigh back.

Adeline Isobel - Yeah, I'm up for a trip to Geelong tonight - Thursday late night shopping!

"The list is hanging up in the freezer" she says. I quickly grab it, close the heavy door behind me and find her again, holding out my hand. She looks up at me.

"Yes?" She asks.

"What am I supposed to pay for your groceries with?" I ask, raising my eyebrows expectantly.

"You get $140 from Centrelink, you work it out" she says.

"I did have $140, until you forced me to spend it on your groceries. I had to pay for a few other things as well"I say, making sure to keep that tattoo covered.

"Oh please, Adeline. Just do as your told and get moving! I don't pay you to stand around staring at me all day" she says.

"You don't pay me a cent, and trust me, nobody wants to stare at you" I say, taking off and walking to the Woolworths.

I grab a trolley and start filling it up with the junk she wants, when I arrive at the confectionary aisle.

Fuck it, I need chocolate.

I hover around the aisle as I pick the block I want. I look down to see an empty aisle, but sitting against this display stand was once myself and Curnow, my leg all busted up.

"We'll have to wait here for George. Why don't you want to go to the hospital?" Charlie asks. I shake my head at him.

"I'm fine" I lie. Charlie looks at me in disbelief.