Chapter 88 - The Law Firm, Melbourne CBD

Ashleigh -

'You've gone fucking viral, babe' Ed says, as he goes into the kitchen to make a coffee.

'I know. So many people are obsessing over me. This is great' I say.

'I can't believe how many followers you've gotten in the last 24 hours. It's amazing and Karen, Devon and Annie deserve all the trashing they can get' Ed says.

'I know, it's insane. I feel like I'm famous' I say, putting my blazer on as I grab my phone and update my Instagram story with memes, thanking people for their responses and support, as well as mentioning how overwhelming it all is.

'Do you want a ride to work? I've gotta go to Footscray anyway' Ed says.

'Nah, I'm gonna get the tram in' I say, smiling as I grab my bag and keys.

'Alright Ash, well have a great day. I love you and I'll see you tonight' Ed says, as he hugs and kisses me.

I smile as I wave goodbye, leaving my South Yarra townhouse for the very last time.

...

Adeline -

'You're a fucking idiot!' I yell at my husband, as I pick up his empty bottles of alcohol and dump them into a black rubbish bag. He rolls his eyes.

'It's not my fucking fault. Yes, Patrick and Sam are threatening suspension, but doesn't every player get suspended now and then?' Charlie asks, slurring.

'You're disgusting' I say, shaking my head as I throw on my work polo shirt and grab my bag.

'Stop by the bottle-o on your way home and get me some more grog!' He yells.

I sigh angrily as I leave my house, slamming the door.

...

I walk into work angrily as I glare at Zac, waiting for him to tell me he's making my coffee.

'Adeline! Hey, so I hear you're a married woman now-'

'SHUT THE FUCK UP, I'M NOT HERE FOR YOUR WHINEY VOICE!' I yell, as I cut Annelise Roughead off and walk towards my office.

Zac drops the bottle of milk in shock as he shakes his head, diving down for it again.

I go into my office and flop down on my chair, annoyed. Thank god Stephen's out at conferences all day today, because I couldn't handle being told what to do after putting up with Charlie fighting with our neighbours all night.

'Hey, I got your coffee' Zac says, pushing the door open before it closes.

'Thanks' I say, as Annelise Roughead makes her way down the hall.

'Adeline, I just wanted to say I think you're a very rude, selfish person and it's not all about you' she says. I cringe, her voice is just too high pitched sometimes.

'I apologise for Adeline's behaviour, she's never usually like this. She's being extra obnoxious today' Zac says, raising an eyebrow at me and trying to give me the hint.

'Thank you, Zac' I say sarcastically, as Stephen suddenly walks into the office.

'What is this, a meeting hall? Well, meeting adjourned, we all have work to do' he says, waving his hand and sending Zac running off. Annelise rolls her eyes, before mumbling 'men' and walking in the other direction to Zac.

'Aren't you meant to be at AFL House right now?' I ask, checking the time on my watch.

'That meeting was also canceled. Don't know what's going on there. I'm not here all day, I still have the meeting at Etihad later' Stephen says, sitting down in his chair and opening up his laptop.