(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔) living with the potter's

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

LIVING WITH LILY AND JAMES WAS A SIMILAR feeling to breathing sweet relief. Athena felt as though a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Despite this she was still filled with worry which couldn't be quelled by Euphemia's teas or Lily's kind words.

Euphemia and Fleamont didn't mind having Athena in their house, in fact they welcomed it with beaming smiles. They seemed to be getting warier by the day. Lily claimed that James was trying to ignore this, Athena could imagine why he would want to do that.

Athena didn't see a lot of Fleamont, he spent most of his time resting whereas Euphemia preferred to keep busy. Nevertheless Athena was grateful to both of them for letting her stay just as she was grateful to Lily and James.

She felt rather annoyed that she'd been the one to move out even though Remus and her had been staying in Athena's family home and it had been him to cause the problems in the first place.

Athena spent most of her time worrying about what he had said and wondering whether there had been any truth to it or whether there was something else plaguing his mind.

Lily suggested a curse just as James had however Athena wasn't sure how someone could continually be cursing him. Curses wore off after a few days usually. Remus and Athena had spent weeks at a time doing nothing. Sure they saw their friends a lot but not regularly enough for that.

Athena's first thought had of course been Mary (considering she piled most of her problems onto the brunette) however despite wishing she could catch MacDonald out for something, she couldn't think of any way that it could be Mary.

The brunette was missing from the majority of order meetings and friendly catch ups these days as she always had prior engagements. Athena assumed that these were death eater meetings but she'd stopped trying to convince anyone else of this in order to maintain her sanity.

The only person who saw Remus regularly was Athena and there was no way that she was cursing him. Lily couldn't come up with any other suggestions except the obvious that no one wanted to say aloud.

The possibility that Remus had been speaking truth on a drunken whim. Maybe something clicked in his mind while they were in Paris, maybe he began to realise that he felt anchored down by her love. Maybe he looked at their lock on the bridge and began to see it as some twisted metaphor of their relationship.

Even when they had been in Paris, Athena had noticed him stiffen up at the suggestion of marriage. Maybe this had been the start, a loose cannon slowly falling until words tumbled out. Sure it got out of hand but Remus was known for letting his frustrations get the better of him.

In the end this was all that contained her mind. Athena couldn't see another plausible solution and although it hurt her a lot to think about, she had to come to the realisation that Remus might have actually fallen out of love with her.