(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) july

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THAT WAS IT I SUPPOSE. That was the pinnacle. The final truth and the final lie. Athena had been told this so many times but now she knew it was true, intuition she supposed.

"Actually... in some ways you're a lot like him"

Something had always felt off. The idea that Dacre would blame Mary for the murder of Vega and Vivian without concrete reason.

Athena pulled her head out the pensive and stood there for a few moments just staring at the water, watching as memories of white swirled around.

"Right" Athena nodded. Everyone had been expecting a breakdown, Athena felt too numb to be worried about much.

"How are you feeling?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

I feel like you're a manipulative old man who gets off for lying to everyone or sending cryptic messages that make sense.

"I'm not surprised" Athena replied, "I think... I think it makes sense"

"Do you have any questions?"

"Too many" Athena nodded, finally turning to look at those gathered around.

Aurora was crying. Dumbledore showed no emotion and Remus looked confused. He didn't actually know what was going on.

"You knew?" Athena asked her sister. The idea was bitter. Rory wasn't even her sister. How come that was the worst part?

"Yeah" Aurora nodded through tears, "it never mattered to me Rena, I don't give a shit about that. You're my sister. That doesn't change anything"

"Right" Athena sighed, "is anything in my life true? Why couldn't you tell me from the beginning?"

"I wasn't sure you were ready" Dumbledore replied.

"I don't think I'm ready now" Athena laughed coldly,

"You have to be"

"Right" Athena ran her hands over her face.

"Dacre is growing more powerful everyday, I fear that even if we defeat Voldemort... he'll still be a problem"

"I'm supposed to kill him?" Athena scoffed, "I can't do that"

"You're more powerful than you think, more than you can imagine"

"I don't want to be" Athena snapped, "I don't even understand... when I was trapped in that fire.. I don't remember what I did, I don't remember how I did it"

"It's complicated" Dumbledore continued,

"What isn't?" Athena replied, "nothing makes sense, nothing has made sense since you told me the story about the prophecy... though I suppose since half of that was lies—"