(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) on a boat

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

FEBRUARY MADE NO DEVELOPMENT IN HOPE'S CONDITION. The thing is, Remus was the only one who was expecting it to. Somehow even after being given the facts he still like to hide behind denial like a shelter.

It was hard to talk to him about it. He was still sociable with Rena but he tended to talk about trivial things that didn't really matter such as the wedding or what they were having for tea.

Talking about Hope was something that Remus didn't want to do. It was as though if he actually talked about it or said the words aloud, it would become true.

Athena understood what he was going through. She'd never really lost someone this close to her. She'd lost her aunt and she'd been a mess because of this yet this was a new situation entirely.

She couldn't find the right words to say especially when Remus was ignoring the majority of them. Athena understood and sympathised with him but she couldn't correlate this into phrases or actions. She wasn't good at comforting people without it seeming fake or forced.

Remus knew that she was doing everything she could yet to Athena this didn't seem like enough. On top of the Hope situation, Athena was now living the knowledge that the love of her life was still in a dark state of mind.

Remus had told Athena back in sixth year that suicide had crossed his mind before. After the prank when Sirius had done that stupid, stupid thing he'd felt isolated. He felt as though everyone had seem him as a monster, as though they'd used him for their own gain.

However Athena thought he had moved passed these thoughts. Of course he'd forgiven Sirius a long time ago, a little too soon in Athena's opinion. Now after the moon he'd broken again and Athena couldn't even tell if the thoughts he was spilling out to her were ones that he thought all the time.

Athena was an open book with Remus and she'd never asked the same in return, she'd wanted it but she didn't want to be apart of one of those forced relationships where she made Remus tell her everything. She wanted him to tell her what he was comfortable with yet she also wanted him to feel as though she was a safe place to share his thoughts.

She knew that he was trying to protect her yet somehow this was hurting her more. Athena would never tell him this, she could divulge her own emotions, pains and problems but telling him that his secrets were cutting into her like a knife was something she'd always avoid if she could.

The problem with not knowing what he was thinking was not knowing how to help. She lived in uncertainty and anxiety. It was mulled by her daily life and the love that she shared for Remus but it was always lurking underneath.

Athena wondered if the situation with Hope had made everything worse. Part of her had a wish that this had been the only reason for his excessive breakdown. She didn't want this to be how he felt every month because if that was the case. It would never go away.