(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏) 1959

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

1959

"You shouldn't have had that last drink" Mary Sinistra laughed loudly, her brothers arm was strewn over her shoulder as he laughed loudly, voice echoing over the night.

"You know me Mary" he hiccuped, "can't help myself"

"Henry help me out!" Mary called, opening the front door of her house, "Honey is being a complete pain"

"It was you who suggested going out" Honey stuck her tongue out at her older sister, "you pay the consequences"

"When you're a mother you'll understand the need to have some time off" Mary rolled her eyes.

"Henry!" Honey called, "Henry I know you're deliberately ignoring us"

The man strode into the room with a bundle in his arms. Aurora Sinistra was only one year old yet she had a tuft of black hair that stuck out from the blanket she was wrapped in.

"Be quiet" he shushed them, "it took me hours to get her to sleep"

"Sorry" Honey whispered, finally moving to help her sister lower Dacre into a chair. Dacre hummed happily, resting his head in his arms and almost instantly falling asleep.

"Albus is coming over tomorrow" Henry told them in a soft voice, "apparently Riddle stopped by Hogwarts yesterday looking for a job"

"A job?" Mary asked, "does he honestly think Dumbledore would hire him?"

"Dumbledore thinks he had ulterior motives, he'll explain it all tomorrow"

"Right well" Mary yawned, "I'm going to bed, Honey are you stopping over?"

"Might as well" Honey replied. Dacre began to snore softly and the two sisters laughed before they turned the lights off and let him rest.

Rosemary cottage was quiet at night, the only sound came from the river outside. Mary and Henry had lived here for a few years now but everyday they seemed to discover something new about the village. Today Mary had discovered that the local pub sold half priced drinks every Friday but now she wondered whether finding this out had been a blessing or a curse.

Honey disappeared into the spare room while Henry and Mary retreated to their own room after placing Aurora to sleep in her cot. The young girl was surprising good for a baby her age, Mary knew that she would grow up into a well established witch.