Two

"Oi, what's that smell?" Levi walked into the kitchen, waving the clouded smoke around as he coughed

"I'm sorry! I was trying to bake you a cake." Amelia frowned, "happy birthday and Merry Christmas."

Levi had seen a completely new Amelia this past month. She had usually been stoic and unbothered, similar to himself, but now she was cheerful and talkative. He wasn't sure what changed, but he also didn't seem to care.

Usually, people that overshare tended to annoy the quiet boy, but again, Amelia was different.

He noticed other things too, like she would crinkle her nose if she was angry or disgusted, and smirk when she was sassy. She refused to ask for help, even when she needed it because she found herself to be completely independent, ironically while relying on him for shelter.

He didn't mind though, it was amusing to him.

She would avoid the subject of her past, including her family or how she came to be homeless in the first place. She detested when people lied to her or viewed her as weak. When she would genuinely cackle, a loud snort would unwillingly escape. She loved the smell of lavender, a rare aroma in the musky underground. She enjoyed music, specifically the violin, though she didn't have the chance to hear it often. And above all, she often would go on a tangent about how much she missed the sight of the stars.

Despite all of this information, she was a mystery to him.

On the other hand, Amelia had also learned new things about Levi. He thoroughly enjoyed cooking and stew was the best thing, in his opinion, to prepare. He looked funny when he was tickled; the same emotionless expression would be on his features, but still he'd laugh, which the girl found strange and a tad frightening.

He hadn't slept much, though when he did, she often found him upright in a chair in his chamber. She found it peculiar that someone could be comfortable in such a position.

Additionally, she knew that he hated filthy things, yet found it troublesome to change his attire before he rested for his mere two or three hours a night, if that. She'd concluded that this was unique as well.