Twenty Five

"So I'm cleared?" Her groggy voice questioned

Amelia's exhaustion was apparent, her muscles sore and body begging for rest.

"Yes, but you need to be more careful!" The nurse scolded, "you've bruised your ribs more than before- they're still healing from your last injury, Captain."

"At least I didn't break them again." She yawned, stretching her arms over her head casually in an attempt to soothe the aching tendons.

"That's not the point," she groaned, "honestly, what're we going to do with you?"

Amelia winked, "who knows."

"This is serious Corpor-"

"Yeah, yeah." She waved off their worried glance, standing from the uncomfortable chair she had been examined on.

"Here." The towering woman handed her some pain medicine with a sigh, "you need to take this to manage the pain- and I mean actually take it."

"Sure." She took the bottle, putting it in her pocket.

Amelia almost ran out of the room, not wanting to relive the countless hours she'd spent in the dull recovery space over the years. In her mind, it was worse than the wounds themselves; she was often bored and received no visitors (with the exception of Hange from time to time). She couldn't move around much after her last overnight stay either, with the agony she felt when she moved so much as an inch (courtesy of the Female Titan, of course).

Yeah, the infirmary was hell.

She strolled through the corridor, halting at a familiar, resounding voice.

"Lieutenant." They said, Amelia redirecting her route into their temporary chamber. She nervously walked inside upon her formal title being called, noticing the bed that had been settled in the center of the dwelling. It was a tad nicer than the rooms she'd checked into before, she noted, with a less solemn undertone. In fact, the shelf- which covered the entirety of the wall- to the right of the entrance had books that didn't seem to be dusted over, along with a few knickknacks scattered around.