Forty Two

Armin reached his hand down, offering the assistance to Amelia

She slightly winced as she tried to pull herself up, even with his the extra help. She could feel another trickle of blood as it tickled her tanned skin, the grey cloth Levi had lended her now completely dyed in the deep crimson, which exuded the sickening iron smell.

Fuck this arm and fuck my lightheadedness and fuck being fragile! She scolded herself, internally fuming at her current predicament. After all, if there was something Amelia absolutely despised, it was being viewed as frail.

"I've got her." Levi hummed flatly, hauling her small frame from the hole effortlessly.

She swiftly landed in his lap, a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"Why the red face?" He whispered against her ear, his warm breath sending shivers down her spine, "we've been in a much intimate position before."

Goosebumps appeared all over her from his bold remark, "Levi." She panted, blinking in surprise from his brazen attitude.

He guided his fingers through her disheveled chocolate locks, carefully putting each one into an organized placement, "you need me to remind you?"

Yes.

Her heart rate increased as it begun to pound loudly against her rib cage. She felt like she might faint, and not from her previous dizziness.

He shifted away from her, his tender demeanor suddenly disappearing into thin air, "at least try to be cautious of your injuries brat." Even with the impudent tone, he gently held her waist as he supported her, bringing her to her feet.

Harsh words but kind gestures- I guess he's back to normal.

"Hange!" Amelia exclaimed, still shaking off the brief steamy encounter from Levi, "you're okay."

Hange smiled at the fellow, radiant Lieutenant, "I am."

Amelia got into the cart with Eren, Hange, and Historia while the others rode on horseback for the next phase of their plan, which at this point hadn't really been established.