Eighty One

[WARNING: mention of previous sexual content, including choking]A/N: Only warning provided

A/N: Only warning provided

[WARNING: mention of previous sexual content, including choking]A/N: Only warning provided

"Did you check your ODM gear?" Amelia questioned, her worry evident. She abruptly tugged on the dark brown leather straps wrapped around his torso, ensuring they were indeed secure.

"I did," he huffed, slightly annoyed. He wasn't incompetent. However, when he focused on her, his irritation vanished and heat instantly rose upon his cheeks. She hadn't bothered subtly check his equipment, nor did she pay any mind to her obvious intimate touch. Even as she elegantly grazed his thighs, Amelia nervously chewed on her bottom lip.

"Sorry." She gulped, laughing awkwardly, "I guess having Bertholdt fuck up mine made me a tad paranoid."

A throb pained Levi's chest, her confession unexpectedly vulnerable, "don't apologize."

She blinked at him, her hazel eyes wide with a hint of embarrassment. He noticed her downcast gaze, his finger softly gliding across her jaw as he enticed her to look at him once more.

"I'm serious."

"I know." Amelia gently smiled, though it quickly vanished, "just don't be stupid out there."

She pulled away from his touch, casually nudging his arm. The uneasy feeling nestled in her continuing to swell the faster sunset seemed to approach.

"That's your job." He wittingly retorted, Amelia narrowing her features in warning, the palpable slander noted, "did I piss you off or something?"

"No," he chuckled, grateful a new lightness seeped into their strained atmosphere, "it's too easy."

"Yeah, well, next time I'll give my title the justice it deserves. I'm only second to you." Amelia repeatedly inspected his machinery throughout their conversation, Levi not bothering to correct her on it; it helped her feel better and therefore, he didn't mind; and, if the roles were reversed, he'd do the same.

"Your methods aren't as sound as mine."

"This is true, but you have a whole special 'Ackerman power.'"