Seventeen

Levi had returned, setting Amelia down gently next to Mikasa and an unconscious Eren

Her usually rosy cheeks were pale, tanned skin now blanched. Her small frame was unusually warm, indicating that she had a high fever. Amelia's short flamboyant curls stuck stubbornly to her damp forehead, only securing the previous notion. Her uniform was painted a deep crimson, her typically comforting vanilla scent overtaken by an all too familiar iron. Contrary to her normal state, her face was slightly relaxed, yet still had a lingering twist of contortion and pain.

It made Levi worried, not that he'd ever let it be known.

"Levi!" Erwin stomped over angrily, a scowl on his features, "why is Corporal Amelia here?! You knew your task- where is the soldier who shot the flare?"

Levi snapped his glare to the Commander, "you're looking at her."

Erwin narrowed his gaze suspiciously, "so you're telling me that this is just a coincidence?"

"I am."

"And you're aware that she is, presumably, dead."

"Yeah, but that's incorrect. See for yourself." Levi hissed, gesturing to the seemingly lifeless woman on the cart.

"He's right, Commander," Mikasa joined in their defenses, "she's alive, barely, but she's breathing."

"Then how did she shoot the flare?" He rose a confused brow, his expression still reflecting his apparent apprehension.

"I guess you'll have to wait until she's awake to ask." Levi responded flatly, though he too was wondering how she managed to give the signal.

She's fucking insane.

And reckless.

What a headache.

"Everyone, move out!" Erwin demanded, walking back to his own horse.

"Ackerman, keep close to them." Levi nodded to Amelia and Eren to convey his implication.

"Yes sir." Mikasa saluted, leaning down next to the, in Levi's opinion, rather bothersome titan shifter.