Twenty Three

The Survey Corps expedition was cancelled due to a shocking discovery of titans within Wall Rose

No breach could be found by any member of the Scout Regiment.

In less than a single night, Miche and countless others died due to the incident.

Additionally, Captain Hange retrieved the background report of Annie Leonheart, learning that Reiner Braun and Bertholdt Hoover, two other members of the 104th training squad, were from the same town. This raised suspicion that they too could be titan shifters. Further, the possibility that they could be after Eren dramatically increased, though the reason remained unknown. Ymir Fritz, a cadet newly discovered with the same ability, was also in danger for the same unidentified purpose.

Unfortunately, Hange's intuition was correct; the Colossal and Armored Titan were infiltrating the Survey Corps.

To worsen a previously poor situation, they were able to escape outside of the walls with both Eren and Ymir.

The Scouts were all preparing to leave on an emergency rescue mission, deploying as soon as possible to retrieve Eren.

Amelia grabbed the box sitting on her shelf, taking out the letter she'd written to Levi all those years ago. She set it carefully on her desk, just like she did before every expedition beyond the walls.

Is this the day he reads it?

What will he think?

How will he feel?

Angry? Depressed? Anxious?

No.

Levi doesn't care about me anymore, and he hasn't for awhile now.

That's the reality.

I need to stop pretending that there's a chance.

And even if there was, either way, it doesn't matter.

It'll end the same way.

If he has this note, the outcome of my inevitable fate is already sealed.