Sixty Three

[WARNING: chapter will contain mention of suicide]A/N: Again, a second warning is not provided, but if needed, comment here and I can do that for you!

A/N: Again, a second warning is not provided, but if needed, comment here and I can do that for you!

[WARNING: chapter will contain mention of suicide]A/N: Again, a second warning is not provided, but if needed, comment here and I can do that for you!

"So this is our room?"

"Yeah." He confirmed with a flat, straight volume, leaning on the wooden doorframe as he watched Amelia lazily plop onto the bed. She carefully studied the foreign surroundings, he noticed, intrigued by the space they shared that she clearly had no recollection of.

"Wait-," she squinted before excitedly bouncing while pointing at an intricately interwoven item on the shelf, "woah- Levi! You kept that?!"

A knitted bear.

"Tch, of course I did." A wave of nostalgia encompassed him, Levi noting the similar conversation from the evening they'd moved her things to their dwelling. Of course, the notion caused his chest to painfully tug.

They'll come back.

She'll remember.

She has to.

"Levi?"

Right?

"What?" He directly turned to her, with an apathetic and earnest appearance.

"Nothing." She nervously chortled, "you just looked all depressed."

His gaze softened, "I'm sorry."

He cursed himself for accidentally startling her; it wasn't like she needed more pressure on her than she'd already had.

"Come here." She patted the area next to her, but Levi instead brought over his desk chair and sat adjacent to her. He nonchalantly crossed his leg over his knee, resting a leisure elbow on his calf. His chin promptly settled onto his palm, his uninterested pupils examining her.

She instinctively pouted from the obvious boundary, knowing that he was probably simply trying to ensure her comfort, due to the uncharted territory they'd unfortunately found themselves in. Honestly, it made her feel inferior, frustrating her to no end. Amelia wanted nothing more than to regain her memories, a melancholy sigh escaping her frowning lips.