Six

"Fly away!"

"Fly away!"

"Be free!" The two women shouted in unison as the multicolored bird left Isabel's palms.

"See doesn't that feel good." Farlan beamed nudging the shorter man beside him, "even you have to admit it, Levi."

Levi adverted his gaze, a faint pink tint on his pale complexion, "tch."

Farlan lazily flung his arm over Levi's shoulder, "come on say it!"

"Levi!" Amelia scolded him, "say that you're happy he's out."

"He?"

"Yes, Amelia and I named him too! His name's Gordon." Isabel cheerfully added.

"So we've spent our last two months training you so you'd catch up to us with the ODM gear in order to free a bird that you've both named Gordon." Levi attempted to clarify as the pair looked at him with wide, innocent eyes.

"Yes!" Their bright voices rang together.

Levi turned, starting to leave with an annoyed expression.

"Wait!" Amelia blocked his path with a pout, "you never said it."

He sighed at her childlike features, finding her to be too adorable for her own good.

"I'm happy you're out Gordon." He mumbled, unable to say no to her.

"He did it!" She clapped, Isabel joining her in the praise, "we succeeded!"

"You did." Farlan encouraged the duo, kindly patting their heads.

Levi suppressed the smile that threatened to surface, though his lips just barely curved upward, "brats."

☾☾☾

"Well?" The fat man known as Nicholas Lovof leaned forward, impatiently waiting for an answer.

His nearly bald head shined off the golden glow of the candlelight. Amelia found that his grey mustache had a few crumbs residing in it, but decided it was best not to say anything.