Fifty Six

[WARNING: chapter includes mildly graphic detail]

Amelia's eyes hesitantly peeled open, causing her to squint as she was precipitously met with the blinding brightness from the blazing rays that were inherently associated with the sun

Amelia's eyes hesitantly peeled open, causing her to squint as she was precipitously met with the blinding brightness from the blazing rays that were inherently associated with the sun. Her head was obnoxiously throbbing, a groan escaping her bleeding chapped lips.

What happened?

Where am I?

"L-Levi?" She struggled, her throat practically begging for water, needing the relief. Her chocolate curls were lazily strewn on the stone below, her bangs clinging to her damp forehead in desperation.

"Farlan? Isabel?" She voiced her confusion, going to propel herself forward when a sudden sharp pain enticed a shrill yelp to depart from her system.

"Fuck." She panted, wincing from the burning sensation that viciously swarmed her abdomen.

She hadn't dared to advance her poor attempts to move again, instead trying to recall what the hell transpired while keeping her spine securely pressed to the cool surface.

To be fair, the last thing she remembered was passing out with Levi- who was saying rather baffling things to her (not to mention that the incredibly stoic man was sobbing).

And Isabel- did using myself as a shield work?

Wait- something doesn't make sense.

Amelia furrowed her brow in an intense manner; why was she sitting on top of one of the walls- shouldn't she be in a tree?

"Where is everyone?" She lethargically mumbled, gritting her teeth from the agony her sore tissue firmly pierced her with.

[WARNING: contains mildly graphic detail]

She internally screamed as she finally sat straight, every thin tendon of her small frame feeling as if it were snapping in half. Amelia glanced down, a familiar white cartilage catching her sight. It was her bone, the one in her left her wrist; it partially poked through her tanned skin. Thick crimson gently seeped from the wound, some of it already dried from the initial collision.