Sixty Seven

She was gone

She was gone.

Levi looked in every location, Amelia nowhere to be seen- no trace that she ever returned from their last expedition outside the walls.

He'd woken up to the bed completely empty, Amelia not at the training arena, the dining hall, her favorite stargazing spot.

So where had she disappeared to?

Levi wasn't sure, but he had a bad feeling that he wouldn't see her anytime soon. He walked down the corridor, his frantic steps causing the wooden flooring to creak from the sudden, rushed action. He frantically swung the door to his Commander's office, without knocking. Hange, aware that this was more than unusual for the apathetic man, rose a curious brow and set down their paper work.

"Amelia." He breathed, "where is she?"

"What?" Hange blinked, obviously confused, "she isn't with you?"

Levi shook his head as his heart rate quickened, "no."

"I'm sure she's fine-" Hange abruptly paused, frozen with a faint murmur, "wait."

"What?"

"She was acting strange yesterday, would you agree?"

Her words from the night before distantly played in his mind.

"I love you, you know that right? Even without my memories, you remember that, right?"

"I'm really happy to have met you."

"Yes," he panted, slightly tugging the ends of his raven fringe, "I would."

"Maybe you should talk to your squad." Hange suggested, standing from their seat behind the desk, "I'll go with you."

"Thank you."

Hange temporarily halted in shock, bursting into a large, beaming grin, "you're welcome!"

The pair walked to the stables, provided with Levi's subordinates schedule. The whole group was present, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin in one of the cubicles together, Connie and Sasha in another. Jean walked in carrying a bucket of water, peering at the two superiors with keen curiosity, "Captain, Commander?"