Seventy Two

"Good morning

"Good morning." Amelia kindly greeted, sitting in a peculiar spot of the dining hall.

"Captain!" Sasha frantically saluted, Connie following her respectful welcoming.

"Oh no-"

"We are sorry for not being prepared!" Connie atoned, the rest of her subordinates panicked and mimicked the gesture- except Mikasa, the girl remaining calm through the interaction.

"At ease!" She commanded, the group doing as she ordered.

"Everything okay?" Jean worried, ignoring the ravenous bites of bread Sasha rapidly took beside him. It wasn't like they weren't exactly new to the strange urgency; Sasha always ate in such a voracious fashion.

"Yes," Amelia assured, "I wanted you all to hear from me-"

"Why are you over here?" A familiar, cold voice cut off her fortuitous announcement, a firm grip on her shoulder.

"Relax, I'm just telling them the good news," she titled her head backward, her skull pressed to his sternum. She met his scrutinizing gaze, "Levi."

"Troublesome" he removed his grasp, "Hange and I will be waiting."

"Be there soon!" She cheerfully called, Levi retreating to their typical table.

"So?" Eren urged, practically on the edge of his seat. The group pondered Amelia's insinuation, different conclusions drawn from the vague introduction.

"My memories have restored." She quietly told, "and I-"

"That's amazing Lieutenant!" Eren chimed.

"Congratulations." Mikasa politely muttered, adjusting the maroon scarf that covered her collarbone.

"Does that mean you're coming to training?" Connie beamed, Sasha hearing the proclamation, but far too focused on her meal to respond.

"That is great- we can talk about books again?" Armin sheepishly wondered, clumsily scratching the his nape from his implicit gander.

"Yeah, I'm ready to see you knock Cap' on his ass!" Jean chuckled, "seems like he might need it."

"Thank you Yeager, Ackerman- yeah Springer, Braus, don't choke- yes Arlet, and agreed Kirstein." She breathed, circulating her neck while the strain from her muscles dissipated, "you lot are rambunctious this morning!"