Ten

He sobbed over the girls body as he continued to push up and down desperately on her torso, waiting for any sign of life

He sobbed over the girls body as he continued to push up and down desperately on her torso, waiting for any sign of life. The rain drenched him, not that he cared about it.

"Come on," he begged, "please, don't go."

He accidentally glanced and noticed Isabel and Farlan's crimson that arrayed the once peaceful field, his stomach churning as a wave of nausea overtook him.

He heard a gasp, snapping his attention back to her face.

"L-Levi?" She choked.

His stormy irises grew wide, "what happened?" She croaked.

"Are they okay?" She coughed up some blood.

He just continued to stare at her with big eyes, still processing how to tell her the incidents that occurred.

"Did I- Did I save Isabel?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" His piercing gaze intimidated her.

"She was about to be hit by the titan, so I jumped in front of her. Where is she? Where's Farlan?"

"You did what?" He hissed, roughly grabbing her collar, "you brat! How stupid are you?"

"I- I was trying to be like you, Levi."

He released her, surprised by her words, "like me?"

More of the red liquid came out of her mouth, "you don't hesitate to help people in need, even if you don't know them," she paused, "so I wanted to be more like you."

He didn't know how to respond to her observation.

"Now will you answer- answer my-," her eyelids fluttered as she started losing consciousness.

"Don't close your eyes." He smacked her cheeks, "stay awake."

It was if no use, she passed out quickly.

"Soldier!" He heard Erwin call.

He looked at the Commander lifelessly, "who took out all of these titans?"