Twenty One

Amelia jumped suddenly, her chest caving as she felt the common heaviness of her anxiety

Amelia jumped suddenly, her chest caving as she felt the common heaviness of her anxiety. She breathed heavily, trying to calm the slight hyperventilating that had begun in her slumber.

You're in your room, you're safe, she attempted to console.

I'm sick of these fucking night terrors, she complained, grasping the white sheets in her fist out of frustration and fear.

And I can't believe I actually told him that either, I'm an idiot.

She glanced at the clock on her wall, noticing it was only four thirty in the morning. With a groan, she got out of the moderately comfortable bed, taking a quick shower and getting dressed for the day.

Once she finished, she went down the stairs slowly so as to pace herself.

She managed to sneak all the way to the training grounds, grabbing her ODM gear that had been stored there during her recovery. The cool wind sent a wave of shivers down her spine as she carefully tightened the brown leather straps against her thighs, taking out the swords to practice her attacks.

I really am slower now.

Whatever.

It doesn't matter.

I can still do this. I have the ability to analyze my opponent; it's one of my strengths. I'll have no problem keeping up.

I will get even stronger than before and shut Levi the fuck up.

She smirked at the sassy notion, swiftly maneuvering her weapon in the air. She groaned as a burning sensation flooded her muscles, but she ignored it and continued.

She wouldn't stop, not until her technique was perfected.

Meanwhile, around five am, Levi decided to knock on Amelia's door.

He couldn't tell anyone why he momentarily threw away his conviction to keep her far away; he simply followed his instinct to check on her.

He turned the rusted golden knob when she didn't answer, wondering if she was asleep.