Eighty

Hello readers, it's been too long! I missed you and writing so much

Hello readers, it's been too long! I missed you and writing so much. I won't bore you with details, but I basically had no time to do anything I really enjoyed for awhile and struggled to find motivation; I didn't want to rush and write a shitty version. Now, I am very glad to be back! Thank you all for you constant support and patience! I hope you like your overdue, deserved update :)

Oh! And reminder- only twenty more chapters left.

Enjoy!

"Oi," he called, Amelia suddenly freezing, realizing her impish actions were indeed spotted

He caught her.

She abruptly swung on her heel, an uneven, nervously wavering smile gracing her tense expression. Her hands suspiciously remained hidden, Amelia concealing the nostalgic memorabilia behind her back, "h-hey Levi! You're early."

He narrowed his gaze in instant skepticism, his forehead disapprovingly creasing, "what are you doing?"

"Why do you ask?" She awkwardly laughed, uncomfortably fidgeting under his scrutiny. Her fingers curled and knuckles turned white; she somehow thought the stricter her grip, the less likely he'd read her. The last second plan would be no use- he knew her too well. Her arid throat, accompanied by a natural slight sway and twitching features, confirmed his curiosities- the woman had undoubtedly been up to no good.

"I see the naughty brow," he astutely acknowledged, "you already know I'll find out. Let's save time."

She sighed, anxiously chewing the inside of her cheek, "forget it."

"Amelia." He warned, irritation laced into his sharp tone, "seriously, we're past this. We must discuss the-"

"Yeah." She hung her head, utterly defeated from his pleas. She intently studied the perfectly placed wooden panels that pressed to her dark brown boots, which were a required piece of clothing for her uniform. Her chocolate curls simultaneously cascaded alongside the inherently sheepish stance, crazy bangs hiding the guilt in her chaotic, mysterious hazel eyes.

The late afternoon's deep golden glow poured through the clear window, the combined square and diamond designs designed on the glass casting a particularly detailed shadow over the ground. It usually reflected beautifully against her tan skin, emphasizing her tumultuous irises' differing hues and the abundant freckles across her button nose. Her lips typically tugged upward into a familiarly sly grin, a snarky comment effortlessly countering his own when it rolled off her witty tongue.