Eighty Three

Levi's always maintained his infamous stoic demeanor

Levi's always maintained his infamous stoic demeanor. Even when he attached himself to a bicep at least three times his size and swung high in the air. He'd, void of emotion, come crashing down, strategically gliding his sword through a titans nape. As a result, the instantaneously evaporating blood drenched his small body.

Yet his expression hadn't changed.

He repeated the movements at a rather fast pace, the beast falling at almost inhumane speed. He sliced upward, traveling along their large arms in his peculiar circular motion. Levi then roughly dug his blades into its neck, deep crimson dissipating. His downcast grey eyes, laced with displeasure, glanced at the bed of filth.

He panted, staring at the fallen titans he and his squad had taken out. A soft breeze rustled his raven fringe, the edges of hair tickling his pale, blood covered skin. Levi thought the open plain would've been peaceful in any other scenario. However, the previously green grass was stained red, and the departing sun made trace of warmth completely disappear.

Muscles elapsed with the wind, bones bare and breaking away, as if the titans never existed in the first place. It felt strange; the mindless monsters dominating them were going to inevitably become extinct- well, assuming their theory regarding Marley was correct.

"Levi." Hange called, suddenly beside him, "we're heading back." The faint, uniquely peaceful current caused their crazy chestnut layers to graze their cheeks.

He merely sent his attention toward the empty field, studying the gorgeous, colorful vivid array painting the sky. An abundance of differing tints created a seamlessly breathtaking view. These contrasting pink, purple, gold, and orange shades naturally faded into one another. The clouds were a peach hue, the sun just barely peaking over the horizon. "Let's go home." He's added, a rare smile curling his thin lips.

Amelia, she's probably outside watching this right now. It's beautiful; I can only imagine how she'd look with such a scene behind her, he sighed, imagining the chaotic curls bouncing before the vibrance above. I've kept her waiting far too long. I should uphold my promise by returning quickly.

"First, make sure everyone's accounted for." Hange ordered, pulling Levi from his internal tangent. Levi politely saluted his superior, "yes, Commander."