Eleven

"Shut up brat

"Shut up brat." Levi rolled his bored eyes.

"Whatever." She spat, crossing her arms and leaning back into her chair.

"Calm down you two, we're all professionals here. Act like it." Erwin snapped at the infamous duo.

"I don't know Erwin, I think they're entertaining." Hange laughed.

"Be quiet shitty glasses, nobody asked you." Levi hissed.

Amelia scoffed at the arrogant Captain, who had refused to acknowledge their previous time together ever since she woke up from her coma six years ago.

She truly despised him for it.

She wasn't aware of what she'd done wrong, and often pondered the chain of events.

To this day, she still doesn't know.

She was, however, receptive to the fact that she still cherished him, even after he caused her all of this unnecessary pain. She also recognized that if Levi were to change his behavior, to the way it used to be, she wouldn't be able to resist forgiving him. Apprehensive, sure, but she missed him and desperately wanted to close the distance that had grown between them.

Amelia wished she could say she desired for things to go back exactly how they'd previously been, though that wasn't the truth.

She would always crave more.

Still, in her mind, she lost her entire family that day, Levi included.

"Regardless of your bickering, we are all required to go to Eren Yeager's trial tomorrow. Don't embarrass yourselves or the Scouts when we're there, understood?" Erwin rose a brow in preemptive accusation at the two fuming at one another throughout the duration of the meeting.

"Dismissed."

They all stood, with the exception of Amelia and Levi who were having a harsh staring contest across the table.

"Corporal Ackerman and Lieutenant Amelia, I'm glad you stayed behind. I have some news to share with you you." Erwin informed, "I have decided to merge you both into the Special Operations Squad."