Forty Three

The following morning, the Special Operations Squad stood alongside Commander Erwin as the Garrison sent cannon fire straight into the oncoming titan, who previously had been Lord Reiss

"I really don't think you should be out of the infirmary." Levi grumbled, clearly displeased at Amelia's, what he classified to be, negligence.

"Yet, here I am." She snapped, equally unsatisfied with the lecture, "I got the stitches and they wrapped it, what else is there to do?"

"Tch."

"That's what I thought."

"Looks like the field cannons are even less effective." Erwin broke their bickering, pulling the couples attention back to the task at hand. Amelia was grateful for the redirection, not wanting to repeat the argument they'd already had (honestly; they fought too many times to count in only a few hours).

"Makes sense; the cannons on the wall have a better angle and they didn't do shit either." Levi replied in an aloof manner, "what's the problem?"

"Unprepared soldiers and last minute weapons. You have to remember, the titans have always attacked from the south. Not only is this the northern route, but it's in the interior. Therefore, this is the best we'll get." Erwin sighed, shaking his head as he put his arms behind his back, puffing out his rib cage as he became that much more intimidating in his appearance alone.

"Yeah, that's true. Of course, your strategy for this all comes down to a gamble as well." Levi pointed out, "so nothing is certain."

Hange joined the trio, along with more barrels of gunpowder to execute their plan.

"See? Aren't you going to yell at Hange? They were in worse shape than me." Amelia nudged him, clearly still bothered by the man that hadn't been understanding her stance on the matter.

"Oi shut up brat, that's different." Levi retorted with a frustrated expression, clenching his fists by his side.

"Oh? How?" She sneered with a sly smirk on her features, aware that there was nothing he could say in return that would invalidate the analysis she'd offered.