Sixty Five

"You're certainly lively this morning

"You're certainly lively this morning." Hange laughed, taking a bite of the dry, stale bread.

Amelia caught a glimpse of the Commander beside her, who wore a particularly amused smirk.

"Yes! I'm off my crutches now." Amelia fabricated a broad grin, "why wouldn't I be happy?"

"Because you have to work through rebuilding your muscles." Levi mumbled, "they're too weak."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll kick recovery's ass!" Amelia boastfully sang, her spine pressing to the wooden support on the back of the chair, located at the head of the table.

"Tch, sure."

"I will!" She reiterated, pouting at the stoic man across from her. He rolled his bored eyes, sipping on the steaming black tea.

"So, Amelia, how's it been being back? I hope the paperwork isn't giving you too much trouble." Hange guided their glasses along the brim of their nose, narrowing their gaze in concern.

Should I keep providing her with the work, or let her get the rest she needs? I can't say what it is exactly- something is off with her. This isn't surprising, granted that she lost her memories and the unfathomable torture beyond the walls by herself. I've been meaning to ask her if she learned anything new about the titans that could prove beneficial, though I haven't had a chance to do so. I wonder if she- Hange's rant advanced for awhile, not that this had been an uncommon occurrence; they often got lost in their experiments and subjects, since they were rather erratic and passionate simultaneously.

She shook her head, "not at all. In fact, I'd like to start training again."

Levi spit out the drink he'd recently taken, coughing from her severity from her statement, "excuse me, I think I heard you incorrectly."

"Oh come on! I'll have to adjust since I can't really feel what's going on here." She flashed her left hand to the duo, "so it'll take me longer. This way, I'll be ready for the next expedition."

"You haven't even been fully debriefed yet, and you haven't regained your memories."

"I have time." She argued, furrowing her brow as irritation quickly rose within her.