Five

"I met someone today

"I met someone today." Levi announced.

"Oh, who is she? I bet she's taller than you." Amelia chortled, her curly locks swaying freely just over her shoulders.

Levi remained unamused, slightly narrowing his gaze, "it's a man."

"So you swing that way? Well, you know I'll support you no matter what."

He instinctively scoffed at her comment, "shut up idiot. He saw me take down a group of bandits and said he wants to me to recruit me, but I told him I was a package deal."

"What does that mean? Is it a sex thing?"

He groaned, rubbing his temples from the preemptive headache he inevitably gain from this conversation, "again, no. I'm not romantically attracted to him. I meant that you have to be allowed in as well."

"So we're in a gang now? Man life just keeps throwing curveballs!" She sat down excitedly across from the stoic man at the table.

"I'm not sure I'd call it that, it's us and one other person." He flatly informed.

"It's a gang." She stated matter of factly, taking a bite of the apple she picked for breakfast.

"Can you believe we've lived together here for more than five years now?" The subject changed, thanks to the talkative woman.

But Levi hadn't minded their long, turbulent discussions. Honestly, he enjoyed seeing her radiantly ramble on.

He concluded that when she was ranting her whole demeanor would seemingly brighten, her broad smile giving a soft crinkle at the very end of her eyes, which was yet another trait of hers that he greatly admired. Levi loved the vividness of her irises; he hadn't cared for his dull, grey ones.

For instance, he would observe her carefully, watching as the amber color around her black pupils met with the sapphire blue, presumably the same way the land would meet the ocean as it crashed violently to its shore. Levi had always desired to see it.

However, seeing the waves within her was more than enough for him.

"Yeah, I can't wait to leave this dump." He added nonchalantly, attempting mask his underlying eagerness.