Sixty Two

"Seeing you get hurt is really old

"Seeing you get hurt is really old." Levi caught the short curly haired woman in the corner of his vision, the ringlets vibrantly bouncing on the curves of her cheeks.

Amelia brightly laughed, "yeah, I figure it would be by this point. I'll be more careful!"

"No," he knowingly contradicted her, "you won't."

"I didn't break my last promise to you, did I? I made it back." She pridefully smirked, resting her casted left hand on her hip- the other supporting her on the crutch- as she peered up at her doubtful companion.

He skeptically narrowed his gaze, "tch, I suppose that's accurate."

She enthusiastically nodded, "exactly, so I win."

It'd been two weeks since the Lieutenant's marvelous return, and she was appreciative that nobody bombarded her with inquires. Truthfully, the one person to visit her (other than Levi, of course) was her recently sworn Commander, Hange Zoë. Nonetheless, Amelia was blissfully unaware that Levi, attentive as ever, briefly informed their squad of the circumstances when she'd arrived.

For the reality, rather laborious, was simple: Amelia hadn't remembered them.

☽☽☽

"C-Captain?" Armin unsteadily croaked, his blue irises expanding when they saw Levi, who disappeared for four entire days.

"Get in line." He hadn't bothered to acknowledge the blonde, instead barking orders at his subordinates.

They obeyed without hesitation, Mikasa at the left end of the formation and Connie on the opposite counterpart. Levi suspiciously studied the young adults, preserving his typical apathetic expression.

"For now, you will endure the training with new cadets. Amelia, eventually, will be prepared to meet you all again, and I've been instructed not to leave her side, thus meaning the Commander themselves will be navigating you."

"Sir?" Eren timidly murmured, cautious to be respectful with the unknown terrain, as this plight was completely unheard of.

"What is it, Eren?" He ardently tapped his fingers against his elbow, his arms crossed nonchalantly across his chest.