Thirteen

"Wake up brat

"Wake up brat." Amelia felt strong hands shake her body gently.

She suppressed the urge to grin, thinking about how his arms were once scrawny and brittle, but now they were that of a brooding soldier.

Amelia forced herself out of bed, "what happened?"

"Sawney and Bean were killed." Levi blatantly informed her.

Her hazel eyes widened at the announcement, "how is Hange?"

"How do you think?' He countered with a scoff.

She took off her nightshirt, her bare back exposing itself to Levi. He blinked with surprise, the warm glow of the morning encompassing her tanned skin beautifully. He noticed a few scratches here and there- possibly from their time in underground or training, he wasn't sure. He fought to urge to leave a trail of kisses along each scar, delicately glancing his fingers over each healed wound as he would repeat how gorgeous she was.

The notion brought a slight pink hue to his cheeks as he tried to push away the thoughts- especially since the new ones presenting themselves were rather carnal.

I promise I tried looking respectively, though I shouldn't of been lingering at all.

"I'm sorry." He murmured so quietly it was nearly impossible to make out what he'd said.

"What?"

"Nothing, hurry up." He rushed, leaving the room without bothering to wait for her.

She eagerly followed behind him as they met the rest of their squad, instinctively getting on their horses.

Once they arrived at the base, there was a large amount of people watching the slightly gruesome scene.

Amelia flinched as she heard Hange's scream, instantly running to their side.

"It's terrible!" Hange cried, gripping onto her.

"Why don't we go get you cleaned up?" She gently suggested, ignoring the familiar scent or dissipating flesh, "I'll help you and trust me, we will find who did this."