Forty

Hope you enjoy the extra scene in chapter that I didn't plan for and then had to split into two different updates so it wasn't over 3500 words 🤠

[WARNING: chapter will include sexual content]

"Try not to stay too close together- we'll stand out

"Try not to stay too close together- we'll stand out." Levi reminded the group that'd been trailing behind him. Amelia listened to the direction, also noting the chatter of civilians and faint church bells that flooded through before fading into background noise.

Some members of the Military Police gathered the residents and announced that King Fritz, in all his unforeseen glory, was donating a large portion of the rations from the royal palace.

Wow, how noble. The sarcastic comment passed in her mind as a faint smirk played onto her features, her hood dancing in the wind that passed through the busy streets.

"He's really just giving all of that food away?" Sasha narrowed her gaze with a hint of suspicion and jealousy, the timbre not going unnoticed by Amelia who knew, like the others, that the girl loved food almost above all else.

"Easier to control people when they're not starving." Amelia scoffed in annoyance, "he's no hero, just the ring leader of our oppressive tyrannical government."

The odd cluster continued on their journey forward. That was, until both Levi and Amelia quickly whipped around as their sharp intuition revealed itself, "behind us- look out!" Levi shouted the warning before Amelia had the chance, a cart ramming between them and forcing the squad to momentarily separate.

'Historia' and 'Eren'- actually Armin and Jean- were taken in the brief chaos, which they'd luckily predicted and planned for.

"Well shit." Amelia grumbled, phase two of their strategy falling into place, thus meaning it was time for them to divide and conquer.

Mikasa went to check on the kidnapped duo through one of the open windows while Levi and Amelia patiently waited on the rooftop for a status report, a breeze blowing around her curls messily. Levi, as observant as ever, saw her struggle to keep the stray pieces from her face. He shook his head at her internal conflict and grabbed a sapphire ribbon he'd kept in his pocket, which he stored for such occasions (not that Amelia knew or ever would). He gently tugged on her chocolate locks, her bangs and a few stray follicles naturally contouring her confused complexion as he tied a messy bow.