Thirty Nine

Thank you so much for getting me to over a thousand reads; it's crazy that a week and a half ago I only had 189

Thank you so much for getting me to over a thousand reads; it's crazy that a week and a half ago I only had 189. Truly, thank you and enjoy!

P. S. I added over 1000 words when I edited this 🤠

[WARNING: chapter will include an intimate scene and mention sexual content]

"Any more?" Levi asked, glimpsing over at the woman in front of him.

"Nope, that's the last of it." Amelia sighed, tiredly wiping the sweat off her damp forehead with then back of her palm. She laughed, "how does it feel having me invading your space?"

"I like it." He strolled over leisurely and wrapped himself around her, planting a tender kiss on her temple.

She gently smiled, enjoying the embrace of his strong arms that had securely fastened around her waist, almost as if they were always meant to be there.

"Wait- is that-," she broke from him and studied the item on the shelf carefully, "it is! I can't believe you kept this!"

The worn out bear flopped around aimlessly as she passionately swung her hands while she spoke.

"Tch, of course I did." He strolled over to meet her, grabbing the poor (and first) drawing she'd given him, "I kept this too."

Her expression turned to one of shock, unable to comprehend the fact that he treasured such a terrible piece of 'art' all of these years.

"Wow, Levi- I can't believe you saved all of this junk."

"I think we've established that you held onto rocks."

She pouted, playfully hitting his bicep in defense while enjoying his teasing words, which contradicted his stoic demeanor.

He really was strange.

But she loved him for it.

She observed the array of meaningful things he proudly presented to her. Amelia, still doing her best to fathom that he'd truly worked so hard to preserve so many trivial trinkets, could feel her heart race as they both reminisced about the fondness of each knickknacks precious memory.