Twenty Eight

Amelia opened her eyes to an unconscious Levi, his arm wrapped protectively around her waist

Amelia opened her eyes to an unconscious Levi, his arm wrapped protectively around her waist. She looked up, noticing his messy ebony hair as it covered the pillow underneath him.

He actually slept, and what's more, in a bed.

She studied him intently, the faint warm glow of the sunlight delicately caressing his relaxed face. Her disposition promptly became soften as a gentle snore escaped his parted lips, a faint smile surfacing to her lips.

He looks so peaceful- probably because it's so rare that he doesn't have a scowl on his face. She giggled at the thought, careful not to wake the adorable man next to her.

Amelia snuggled closer to him, enjoying the lavender aroma that exuded from him, as well as the feeling of their bare skin against one another.

"Oi, brat." He grumbled, "good morning."

"So I'm still a brat? That's not what you said last night." She smirked as he revealed his grey irises, "I suppose that's correct."

"I'm happy to see you slept." She added with authenticity.

"It wasn't hard after using all of that energy." He grinned mischievously, "maybe we should do that before bed every night."

Amelia's cheeks flushed at his newfound bold, cocky attitude, any confidence she previously had faltering.

He tenderly kissed her forehead, pulling her tiny frame further into him.

"We have to get up, Levi."

"No."

"Yes." She snorted, "Hange will notice when the rest of their table is missing."

"I don't care," he squeezed her, "we aren't moving."

She dramatically sighed, "oh no, how terrible." Sarcasm dripped from each word as she obviously didn't mind the offer.

They were silent for a few minutes, basking in the serene moment.

"I love you." Levi said.

Her heart fluttered, "I love you more."

"No."