Twenty

I know this is going to be a big gap in the original timeline that doesn't exist, but bear with me!

Enjoy!

Amelia sat at the table with a wide grin plastered across her cheerful face

Everyone looked at her in surprise as she started eating happily, practically bouncing in her seat.

"Uh Corporal?" Erwin called with amusement.

Amelia made eye contact with him, "yes Commander?"

"What're you doing out of your chambers?" Levi hissed, his irritable gaze making her shrink back slightly.

"I got lonely," she shrugged, "besides, six weeks in bed was enough! I'm ready for action."

"You only returned half an hour ago, right?" Miche asked with worry.

"Yeah, so? I'm okay, otherwise they wouldn't of released me." Amelia defensively pointed out, taking another bite of her meal.

The warmth of the potato melted in her mouth, causing her to swallow her moan.

"But they also told you to stay in your room and rest." Levi scolded with an annoyed, clenched jaw.

Besides, he should know; he saw her everyday.

Of course, he went while she slept so Amelia had no idea.

She pouted, "I'm perfectly capable," she turned to Erwin, "Commander, I'm prepared to go on the next expedition."

Levi glanced at Erwin, surely he wouldn't allow her to go; she just got back.

He'll take care of it, Levi thought, I have full confidence in him.

Erwin glanced at Levi and nodded to him in reassurance.

He understood, Levi sighed in relief, taking a sip of his steaming black tea.

"I trust that you know your own limits. If you have any reservations, you are to stay." Erwin granted the small woman permission.

She beamed, flashing her dimples to Erwin, "thank you!"